Senior Infrastructure Engineer at HireVue
Senior Infrastructure Engineer
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States Engineering Full time
Senior Infrastructure Engineer
Location: Fully remote position in Raleigh, NC or surrounding areas, or any city in the United States
If you are an Amazing Infrastructure Engineer who believes operations and development and related engineering activities are tightly linked, then keep reading!
In addition to the standards (salary, bonus, equity), HireVue offers:
- Flexible PTO + medical + dental + vision
- Culture of collaboration + weekly team presentations + hackweeks and team events (virtually when in a pandemic)
What you’ll be doing:
- You’ll be working with a team of skilled DevOps and Infrastructure Engineers who are building, securing, and maintaining the operational infrastructure for HireVue.
- This position will focus on helping our business intelligence and data science teams with their project and infrastructure needs.
- You will execute and improve the infrastructure deployment process.
- You will be responsible for having high-quality and highly-secure operational practices so our application can be safe, scale, and run all the time, like magic.
- You will also be part of an on-call rotation to ensure the availability of applications and the services they rely on.
What ‘Skills’ do you need:
You’ve got ‘skills’ and you know it. Salt, Linux, Python (or other language), Terraform, software deployment skills, Database skills (relational and non-relational – i.e. PostgreSQL and DynamoDB), video streaming skills, amazing skills. Nunchuck and bow hunting skills are optional.
- Virtual theme days, photo contests, happy hours and more. Slippers encouraged.
- We work hard, but offer a great deal of flexibility. Besides flexible time off, work time is flexible when after-hours maintenance or on-call duties come up.
- Our most important “attrivute” is “Act like an Owner”. Others are “keep it simple”, “disagree and commit”, and “think big”.
- We get excited about our hackweeks and try to have large team or company events at least twice a year (or virtually when in a pandemic).
We have Mountain Bikers, Road Bikers, Skiers / Boarders (dawn patrol & resort), Runners, Video Game heroes, Movie Buffs, Musicians, and every other variety of people. We have Family people, Single people, Happy people. Someone here is just waiting to be your friend!
Our Hiring Process:
- Fill out our very basic application form or reach out to us (apply, email, shout, call)
- We send you a link to use our awesome software and tell us more about yourself (includes a coding challenge and assessments)
- We invite you to do a Live interview using our software, so you can meet the team. You’ll learn more about us while we learn more about you.
- 3+ years in a DevOps, Infrastructure or Data Engineer position
- Experience with AWS
Please note that HireVue is unable to provide visa sponsorship for this position at this time.
- Flexible Paid Time Off | Medical, Dental, Vision | 12 Weeks Maternity & Adoption | 401K match