Senior Human Resources Specialist at MIRACORP
Senior Human Resources Specialist
- Remote Type: Fully Remote
- Position Type: Full Time
MIRACORP Inc., is a veteran, woman-owned firm specializing in federal government contract services. One of our competitive advantages is that we provide services to our customers with a standard of excellence that is unmatched. MIRACORP believes our employees are the cornerstone for our success.
We are currently seeking a Senior Human Resources professional to support our federal customer. This is a remote position. The Human Resources Specialist will possess senior- or expert-level technical experience that demonstrates in-depth knowledge of staffing and recruitment principles, practices, laws, and regulations to review, revise, and/or develop agency HR policies and facilitate projects, especially those with a focus on Position Classification and Management. To effectively perform the duties of this position, a person must have advanced Federal HR Technical knowledge to include all relevant HR competencies and program areas governing executive and legislative agencies functioning in competitive and excepted service.
- Provide expert advice and guidance on the complete scope of HR functions.
- Respond to customer questions; draft letters to obtain information and provide instructions. Respond to telephone calls and walk-in visitors and provide accurate information to questions.
- Set up and maintain case files and enter data into databases.
- Participate in all startup activities for new commissions and boards including swearing-in of high-ranking federal officials as commissioners to various agencies.
- Participate in all shutdown activities for sunsetting or departing commissions and boards.
- Attend regularly scheduled client conference calls/meetings.
- Process a wide variety of personnel actions, such as, but not limited to, appointments, separations, promotions, reassignments, pay actions, awards, and bonuses.
- Performs all activities during annual SES data calls.
- Work closely with leadership to submit requests for SES allotments during Biennial Review of Executive Resources Allocations and during off cycle.
- Acts as liaison between government agency HR and all other shared service organizations.
- Advises managers on how to design positions for a complex organization.
- Maintains and ensures headquarters-wide position classification accuracy and consistency in interpreting and applying position classification standards.
- Advises management on the accepted principles and rules of judgment in analyzing contentious and complex individual position and organization structure issues.
- Adjudicates an organizations position classification appeals.
- Develops a process that supports consistently applying classification guidance across an organization.
- Develops and communicates internal classification policies and procedures.
Position Classification & Management
- Facilitate discussions with managers and supervisors regarding proposed realignments/reorganizations; review proposed organization structures; develop required changes in position descriptions and assist in re-classification of position descriptions to implement proposals.
- Provide general advice and consultation in the collection and analysis of human capital data.
- Research, compile and complete special assignments, projects and/or reports in support of human capital and workforce development initiatives
- Confer with managers on staffing plan/job analysis.
- Prepare Job Analysis and summit vacancy templates for announcement.
Performance Management/Employee & Labor Relations
- Provide guidance on establishing and closing performance plans, conducting mid-year reviews, and final performance rating discussions.
- Provide advice on disciplinary, adverse and performance-based actions, processing grievances and responding to appeals, Congressional and third-party actions.
- Assist in preparing and responding as agency representatives to: Federal Labor Relations Authority (FLRA); union complaints; and appeals of third-party decisions.
Legal/EEO General Advice
- Provide legal services and liaison on legal matters relating to the administrative support services being provided.
- Interpret enabling legislation authority and other relevant statutes as they relate to specific issues identified by the Customer.
- Provide general advice and guidance on EEO matters to the Customers leadership and employees.
- Prepare responses to requests for EEO investigations.
- Conducts agency audits regarding FLSA status, tenure, Standard Occupational Class (SOC) coding, awards, and hierarchy.
- Assist in preparing FOIA responses.
Compensation & Pay Administration
- Provide technical expertise on various pay matters relating to multiple Title 5/Non-Title 5 pay systems (including SES).
- Advise and assist on compensation, pay setting and administration.
- Perform calculations for severance pay and highest previous rate. Provide advice and assistance on recruitment, retention, relocation and all other incentives, e.g. superior qualifications, student loan repayments.
- Assist with implementing pay-for-performance systems and agency certification of appraisal system.
Automated Personnel Processing
- Provide oversight to end-to-end processing of a wide range of personnel actions in accordance with established policy and procedures.
- Perform quality review of actions and verify data in the Human Resources Information Technology (HR IT) and Payroll systems.
- Establish and maintain official personnel documents, adhering to record-keeping policies and procedures.
Your Education & Experience:
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Masters Degree in HR-related discipline is required.
- Minimum 10 years of Human Resources experience is required, preferably in a Federal government setting.
- Expert-level knowledge in all HR disciplines.
- Ability to apply competencies in exceptionally difficult or complex situations.
- Demonstrates comprehensive, expert understanding of HR concepts and processes.
- Must successfully pass a Federal background investigation.
Why Consider This Opportunity:
- Great benefit package with benefits that start on date of hire.
- 401 (k) employer match, with 100% immediate vesting.
- Work environment where you have a lot of independence.
- Ability to work with a purpose and make an impact.
- Work for an employer where core values are not just written on paper, but lived.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!