Senior HR Business Partner at Openly
Senior HR Business Partner
Remote, United States
Openly is rebuilding insurance from the ground up. We are re-envisioning and enhancing every aspect of the customer experience. Doing this requires a rapidly growing team of exceptional, curious, empathetic people with a wide range of skill sets, spanning technology, data science, product, marketing, sales, service, claims handling, finance, etc.
Now is the perfect time to join the journey. Here’s why
- It’s working. We’re in multiple states and on our way to operating countrywide. We have thousands of agents selling our product and millions of dollars of annual customer premiums.
- We’re well-backed & stable. We closed our $75M Series C fundraise. We are supported by some of the top investors globally, including Google’s Gradient AI-focused fund, Obvious Ventures (Beyond Meat, etc.), and Advance Venture Partners.
- It’s not too late! Despite this traction and stability, we’re still early enough in the journey that there’s time to make a real difference during Openly’s formative period.
If you’d like to understand more about Openly’s mission, consider checking out this video (https://vimeo.com/267654520) from a company pitch we gave several years ago at Techstars.
Do you have a passion for building inclusive workplace cultures and lending your voice to conversations that will help shape the future of an organization? If so, keep reading. We are in search of a Sr. HR Business Partner to primarily support our Engineering/IT, Insurance Product, and Product and Strategy teams.
We’re not your typical HR team, and the HR Business Partner will be vital in making that felt throughout Openly. When done right, traditional employee relations will be just a small piece of your role. Your position will be strategic, rather than reactive. You’ll have the ability to connect with team members across the organization to have an impact on career growth, performance, diversity and inclusion, engagement, and happiness.
- Work with functional leadership to ensure the organization is aligned to the company strategy, culture, and values
- Partner with leaders to align current and future business needs into an overall integrated people plan for the function, focusing on opportunities that contribute to the growth and competitiveness of the business
- Support performance management of staff and manage employee relations, when necessary; Structure the performance review process, and train managers to be able to give feedback on their own
- Partner with functional leadership to complete succession planning and assess/develop top talent
- Integrate and partner with People and Culture colleagues to implement solutions and help scale the business
- Continuously challenge job descriptions and comp/ben mechanisms to ensure adequacy between organizational efforts and strategic importance of each population (in collaboration with the TA team)
- Gather key Learning & Development needs and collaborate with the L&D team to ensure that needs are met
- Measure the engagement survey and analyze it to understand insights and recommendations
A Little About You:
- Have a passion for Project Management, Organizational Development, Executive Coaching and Leadership Development
- Think strategically and translate concepts into actionable items
- Ability to adapt and tailor communication style for your audience
- Thrive in a work from home environment
- Have a strong work ethic to work independently with a desire to learn, grow and own projects/tasks
- Tremendous sense of efficiency and ability to work in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Act as a mentor to the People and Culture team
- 8+ years of work experience in human resources, organizational development, or other related fields
- Experience supporting engineering and technology departments with rapid growth is required
- Experience in insurance and/or a mid-stage technology start-up is a plus
- Ability to position self as credible; proactive; and a trusted thought-partner
- Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience managing change in a fast pace organization
- Knowledge of Federal and State labor laws
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary, corporate bonus program, equity position in a start-up company
- Company-sponsored medical, dental, vision insurance plans, short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, 401k with corporate contribution, and FSA plan
- Company-paid 12 weeks parental leave policy
- The company fully embraces the work-from-anywhere in the US mentality, even before COVID restrictions.
- Paid Time Off
- Fun, fast-paced, startup environment
Want Access to 30,000+ More Remote and Flexible Jobs?
Part-time to full-time,
freelance to employee
More Career Fields
career coaching & more