Senior Group Underwriter Stop Loss at Voya Financial
Sr. Group Underwriter Stop Loss
time type Full time
posted on Posted Today
job requisition id JR0027969
Together we fight for everyone’s opportunity for a better financial future.
We will do this together — with customers, partners and colleagues. We will fight for others, not against: We will stand up for and champion everyone’s access to opportunities. The status quo is not good enough … we believe every individual and every community deserves access to financial opportunities. We are determined to support both individuals and communities in reaching a better financial future. We know that reaching this future depends on our actions today.
Like our Purpose Statement, Voya believes in being bold and committed to action. We are committed to a work environment where the differences that we are born with — and those we acquire throughout our lives — are understood, valued and intentionally pursued. We believe that our employees own our culture and have a responsibility to foster an environment where we all feel comfortable bringing our whole selves to work. Purposefully bringing our differences together to positively influence our culture, serve our clients and enrich our communities is essential to our vision.
Are you ready to join a company with a strong purpose and a winning culture? Start your Voyage – Apply Now
Get to Know the Opportunity:
Independently underwrite the more difficult Stop Loss insurance applications and renewals within guidelines set for the issuance of policies on a standard or substandard basis. Operates within authority level to make risk and pricing decisions. Provides training, approval and guidance to lower-level group underwriters.
Please Note: Work location for this role is FLEXIBLE! This position allows 100% remote work from home or allows work to be performed in any of our major office locations with a hybrid schedule
The Contributions You’ll Make:
- Provide training and guidance to lower-level group underwriters.
- Evaluate risk and analyze data such as aggregate reporting, large claimant information and other characteristics of employee groups, participation percentage, type of industry, or past claim experience to determine benefits and rates. Ensure proper pricing and appropriate funding methods. Coordinate underwriting activities on proposals, new cases, renewals, and amendments. Ensure that the company can administer the client’s proposed benefit plan design and funding method. Develop and maintain relationships with field personnel and clients by answering general questions and obtaining information on which to base decisions. Document and communicate decisions to necessary areas in the division. Reviews cases exceeding underwriter’s review level.
- Contribute to total division profitability by analyzing/assessing client profitability through experience and expense analysis and attention to product line performance.
- Participate in product development and enhancements. Represent underwriting/service team perspective based on personal knowledge and experience. Participate in regional marketing rollouts.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Knowledge & Experience:
- 4-6 years underwriting experience
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- PC skills including word processing and spreadsheet applications
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Preferred Knowledge & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Strong Excel Skills
- Large claims diagnosis clinical knowledge
Want Access to 30,000+ More Remote and Flexible Jobs?
Part-time to full-time,
freelance to employee
More Career Fields
career coaching & more