Senior Graphic Designer at IQ Solutions
Freelance Senior Graphic Designer
- WFH Flexible • Remote Worker – N/A • Digital Technology
- Job Type
As a freelance Senior Designer you will develop graphic artwork, designs, and layouts in a variety of media to support preparation of selected products and documents. You will collaborate with copywriters, digital strategists, and subject matter experts, utilizing knowledge of creative development for digital, print, social, environmental, and broadcast media channels. The senior designer delivers breakthrough ideas for our clients through deep insights that maximize the impact of creative on communications outcomes. She or he must be able to communicate clearly with general marketing and business professionals. She or he must be very proficient in design software including Adobe Creative Cloud, particularly InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
Frequent, close collaboration with employees and vendors is required to ensure proper scheduling and to meet deadlines. Knowledge of typography theory and practice is essential. Candidates must have a portfolio of student and/or produced samples in PDF format or as an online website portfolio. Good time management skills and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously are also essential. Discretion and judgment are necessary in working with all levels of employees and initiating, interpreting, and applying procedures and practices. The senior designer is expected to demonstrate cost-consciousness to ensure the most efficient, cost-effective preparation of documents and to meet budget requirements.
What will you be engaged in day-to-day?
- Performing technical design work, and being responsible for elements of products or campaigns including print, digital, social media, video, and motion graphics.
- Designing and developing concepts and designs for inspiring marketing materials.
- Formulating concepts and rendering illustration and detail from models, sketches, memory, written or verbal instructions, and imagination.
- Selecting type, creating page layouts, and performing related duties.
- Determining the style, technique, and medium best suited to produce products that resonate with the intended audience.
- Working with outside printing vendors to ensure quality, verify print specifications, and ensure that deadlines are met.
- Working well with others and handling day-to-day situations with an acceptable, reasonable approach.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
What qualifications will help you succeed?
- BA degree in graphic design, art, or a related field of study, or the equivalent education and a minimum of 5 years of related experience.
- Comprehensive understanding of fundamental design principles and demonstrated success applying these principles in real-world products.
- A personal portfolio of results-driven work that demonstrates knowledge of best practices and industry trends in creative and data driven marketing, and how your work drives insights and creative communications strategies.
- Expertise in digital execution, excellent written, verbal, visual/presentation and interpersonal communications skills.
- Expert-level skills in essential software and related hardware. Specifically, Microsoft Office, and Adobe Creative Cloud – particularly InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere Pro, and Acrobat DC.
- Knowledge of web accessibility issues, especially 508 compliance, and WCAG 2.0.
- Experience designing data visualizations and infographics.
- Must interact well with all levels of employees, meet scheduled deadlines, and tolerate stress.
- The ability to work overtime and irregular hours is required.
What qualifications will put you at the top?
- Skill operating still photo and video cameras. Ability to perform post-production for videos and still photos.
- Experience delivering design presentations to management.
- Front-end web design experience including User Interface (UI) and User Experience (UX) principles and practice.
Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.
IQ Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Affirmative Action Employer (M/F/Disabled/Veteran). IQ Solutions prohibits employment discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin or ancestry, marital status, status as a military veteran, including all protected veterans, or status as a disabled individual, in accordance with applicable law.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!