Senior Fullstack Engineer at Mozilla
Title: Senior Fullstack Engineer
- Location: Remote Canada, Remote US
A lot of companies say they’re mission-driven . Our unique corporate structure guarantees that every decision we make upholds our mission: to make sure the internet stays available, safe, and welcoming to everyone. Beholden to neither shareholders nor investors, Mozilla Corporation is wholly owned by the not-for-profit Mozilla Foundation.
Along with 20,000+ volunteer contributors and collaborators all over the world, Mozilla Corporation’s staff designs, builds, and distributes software that allows people to enjoy the internet on their own terms. Our flagship product the Firefox browser has expanded into a family of products that protects users and alerts them of risks.
Are you passionate about Mozilla and the Internet? Do you want to ship software to a massive user base? Do you want your contributions to have a positive impact on the world? Do you want to build state of the art privacy & security features for everyone on the Internet?
Join us on the Privacy & Security Engineering team. We are a vanguard protecting people on the internet. We embody the Mozilla manifesto principle: individuals’ security & privacy are fundamental and must not be treated as optional.
We work with Product, UX, other engineering teams, as well as QA, Ops, and Legal teams across Mozilla. We build comprehensive full-stack software like Mozilla VPN, Firefox Monitor, Relay, and Containers. We code web services and APIs, web front-ends, browser extensions, and client-side apps.
What You’ll Get To Do
- You will collaborate with people across Product, UX, Design, Engineering, QA, Localization, Ops, and Support teams to build and maintain comprehensive privacy & security products.
- You will build and maintain code across the full stack of applications, so you will need to design proper client/server interactions and architecture.
- You will build, maintain, use, and combine a number of APIs for end products.
What You Bring
- You have 3+ years experience writing server-side code in python and/or node.js, including web service APIs
- You speak English fluently and can conduct software engineering work in the open
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!