Senior Full Stack Software Engineer
CBS Business Unit: CBS Interactive
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Location: Remote
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
The Video Technology Group develops industry-leading online and mobile video delivery systems and IP for CBS.com, CBSSports.com, CBS News, CNET, GameSpot.com, and the entire suite of CBS Interactive sites. Our team is responsible for the delivery of premium content to millions of people every day. We set company-wide video standards and help internal business units integrate the video delivery stack into their specific online products. Additionally, the team serves as the company’s information resource on current and future trends in digital video. This is a great opportunity for someone who is interested in doing high-visibility, mission-critical work.
The Video Processing team is a team working within the central Video Technology Group that oversees video processing and publishing workflows. It focuses on building and maintaining video encoding platforms for on-demand and live streaming workflows as well as integrations with CMS and publishing pipelines. The group works across the video ecosystem to enable all CBSi business units to deliver high-quality video through the use of cutting-edge technologies for maximizing user engagement and revenues.
We are looking for a Full Stack Software Engineer who is passionate about large scale video and distributed systems. You’ll be an integral part of the Video Processing team, and will focus on building and maintaining our live streaming and on-demand workflows. You will be contributing to the design and implementation of microservices supporting our video processing pipelines for both live streaming and on-demand workflows. You will be working on integrating back-end services and 3rd-party solutions as well as implementing front-end components to integrations with the current in-house Content Management Systems being used by CBSI Business Units.
- Build out cloud-based microservices to support video processing workflows
- Implement integrations and adapters for 3rd-party solutions
- Set up, implement and maintain continuous delivery and integration strategies across services and projects
- Encourage an engineering culture that promotes test-driven development and code coverage
- Work with building our live streaming platform for the creation of cloud-based infrastructure for live events
- Assist on designing and building our next generation cloud-based on-demand encoding platform
- Work on designing and building our on-the-fly packaging solution, thumbnails, and live-to-VoD services
- Work on integrations with current CMS workflows and maintain standalone CMS systems for both live and on demand processing systems
What you bring to the team:
- 5 years proven experience as a Software Engineer
- Knowledge of microservices and distributed systems programming
- Fluency in Python or similar high-level programming language
- Experience working with REST API’s and data-interchange formats such as JSON and XML
- Experience with containers technology and management such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience working with Cloud/SaaS services such as Amazon AWS, Google Cloud
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (IaS) tools such as Terraform and CloudFormation
- Experience with technical writing and design documentation
You might also have-
- Fluency in modern systems programming languages such as Go and/or Rust
- Familiarity with video protocols such as RTP, RTMP, HLS, HDS, Smooth Streaming;
- Familiarity with modern video codecs like H264, VP8, VP9, AV1;
- Previous experience with video processing services such as AWS Elemental MediaConvert/MediaLive, BitMovin, Hybrik, Zencoder, Encoding.com
- Experience with Digital Rights Management Systems (DRM), including Playready, Widevine & FairPlay
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled