Senior Full Stack Engineer – UI Experiments at Evernote
Senior Full Stack Engineer – UI Experiments
- Location: Austin, TX; Bothell, WA; San Diego, CA; Santiago, Chile; Viña del Mar, Chile; Redwood CIty, CA; or USA Remote
- Department: Engineering
About the team
You’ll be joining a creative, diverse, and analytical team that is passionate about continuous learning around our customers’ behaviors. We value empathy for the customer experience, as well as a quantitative focus on driving business metrics. Our tools empower us to move fast and dive deep – building and deploying experiments to understand and rapidly respond to our customer’s preferences. We generally measure delivery timelines in days, not weeks, and monitor our experiments’ results in real-time. Simultaneously with experiments, we develop and maintain larger infrastructure projects that can span teams and verticals and interact across Evernote’s entire architecture.
What you’ll do:
- Take a lead role on major deliverables and complex technical problems.
- Mentor junior developers and improve engineering processes and overall excellence.
- Contribute to maintaining the team’s positive, friendly, and fast-paced working environment.
What you’ve done:
- You have 6+ years of software development experience.
- Comfort working across the entire full stack software environment (including ability to modify microservices, databases, and Java code, as well as use GCP/AWS services when needed).
- You are dedicated to writing reliable, testable, maintainable, and performant code.
- You are able to communicate complex concepts clearly and succinctly.
- You’ve earned a B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or gained equivalent experience.
What will make you successful:
- Familiarity with React, Redux, Mobile Development, and Typescript.
- Familiarity with (or understanding of) user interface experimentation at large scale.
- Demonstrated experience being a primary contributor to (or leader of) full stack projects.
- Proficiency working with databases, as well Java, C#, or a similar backend language.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Evernote. We believe that different perspectives lead to better ideas, and better ideas allow us to better understand the needs and interests of our diverse, global Evernote Community. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and are an equal opportunity employer.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!