Senior Full Stack Engineer at Commsor
Senior Full Stack Engineer
- Location: Remote
- Type: Full time
- Department: Engineering
The next 10 years will be dominated by community-led companies. But creating a successful community is often difficult and time consuming. Commsor helps companies and teams build better and stronger communities. We’re a small and fully distributed team, currently spanning California to Poland and we take pride in our ability to function as an effective remote-first organization. We offer market-rate salaries (including equity), a home office stipend, unlimited vacation (mandatory 3 weeks per year), health insurance, as many books as you could ever hope to read, and a tight-knit group of people passionate about creating for the future of community.
- Whereabouts: Fully-remote, require minimum 3 hours overlap with East Coast US.
- Salary: Competitive
- Reporting to: Dominic Monroe (CTO)
Join our tight-knit early-stage engineering team, and be essential in shaping the features and functionality of our fast-growing community product, culture and processes. You will have direct access to our primary users as well as a strong influence on the technology used to solve our problems. You’ll never be asked to work extra hours – when you’re done for the day, you’re done. We try to make decisions based on informal reasoning, alternatives should be considered, and data should be collected. We avoid making major refactors, instead we incrementally improve code as we either work with it regularly or it breaks.
Tools We Use
We use Clojure for all of our server-side code, using the Edge framework from JUXT, backed by PostgreSQL. Our frontend is ClojureScript, built using Figwheel Main and we use Helix for our UIs, and a custom Sass framework based on Spectre.css. We use AWS for our infrastructure. For keeping organized, we use Linear, Notion, and Slack.
What you’ll do at Commsor
- Write code in Clojure and ClojureScript
- Deliver features and bug fixes across frontend, backend, and infrastructure
- Work directly with team, including Mac (CEO) and Dominic (CTO) and Chelsea (Product)
- Provide feedback to the product team on upcoming features and ideas in order to improve the product overall
- Work with a high level of autonomy in a remote, asynchronous way
Here’s what we’re looking for
Engineering experience and passion
- You’re competent with Clojure, SQL and React (separately or together). You understand what is needed to build connected web services with third-party integrations with security, data integrity using tools such as OAuth and webhooks. You are familiar with libraries and tools in the Clojure ecosystem and their relative properties. You can evaluate the performance characteristics of a solution for both SQL and Clojure code. You can create effective and simple solutions to problems.
- You love building products and you care about the details of creating a great user experience. You have an interest in the business use cases and the impact your work will have for users. You can balance your consideration of the product and user requirements with technical complexity and implementation details to make appropriate decisions when things are unclear.
Organizational and project management
- You are highly organized and able to self-manage projects in a fast-moving company. You are able to take high level goals and break them down into achievable steps.
- You are comfortable working in a distributed, asynchronous environment. We recognize that being a distributed team comes with its own rewards and challenges, and are committed to building a robust remote workplace.
- You’re great at communicating, without requiring meetings. If something is unclear you reach out and ask questions. You’re comfortable owning, communicating and presenting information on specific projects or initiatives, both in writing and in person
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!