Senior Full Stack Developer at Community Company - CmtyCo
Sr. Full Stack Developer – REMOTE
Community.co is seeking a full-time Sr. Full Stack Developer to join our fast-paced team. Our development team is focused on an excellent user experience. We develop products that help members connect to one another and our partners in meaningful ways, get exposure through publishing and editorial tools, and access exclusive offers. We are a small, remotely distributed team that enjoys solving complex challenges with clean code. Team members pride themselves in maintaining a fun, laid-back culture built on mutual respect and accountability.
Who We Are
Community.co has pioneered the business of community for over a decade. We build, acquire and manage professional communities of all shapes and sizes. To date, we’ve represented 50+ communities and 25K+ members, powered by our team of 200 people worldwide.
Our communities include Forbes Councils, Newsweek Expert Forum, Rolling Stone Culture Council, Fast Company Executive Board, Business Journals Leadership Trust, and YEC, a council for the world’s most successful young entrepreneurs.
Who You Are
The right candidate will understand that we are critical to the broad team’s ability to operate effectively, and that we develop solutions founded in data and analytics. You are a great communicator on the phone and over email and take the time to get to know people. You thrive in a remote work environment, and welcome both the freedom and responsibility that comes with it. You will report to, and work closely with, the VP of Product Development.
- Own work and deliverables, from inception to completion
- Produce software design specifications and high-level estimates
- Develop front and back end applications with React, Node.js and GraphQL
- Produce well-tested, highly supportable and performant code
- Reinforce best practices for yourself and your team members
- Translate requirements into excellent system capabilities and features
- Work in an agile methodology, both independently as well as collaboratively
- Excel in a fast-paced environment
- Held engineering team or technical leadership positions
- Familiarity with GraphQL, ideally experienced with Apollo server & client best-practices
- Understands Docker performance and security best practices
- Proficient in Git version control and GitHub
- SQL and NoSQL data structures and schemas
- Strong work ethic, self-starter, excellent time management
- Knows how to get the most from automated tests (Mocha, Jest or similar)
- React-Native application development
- Federated GraphQL development
- Enterprise platforms and scalable application design
- White label and/or multi-tenant system design
- Interested in exploring new technologies
- Familiar with cloud technologies and platforms (AWS / GCP)
- Intuition for great product design
- A growing team with opportunities to develop with a thriving company
- Use new technology & solve interesting problems
- 100% remote, work where you want
- 401K with up to 4% company match
- Generous paid time off + all major US holidays
- Medical, dental, vision coverage [company pays $475 – $735]
How To Apply
Please send your resume to email@example.com with “Sr. Full Stack Developer” in the subject line. Please note that this job description is not designed to cover a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required for this role and responsibilities may change at any time. Please explain WHY you want to work for Community.co and WHY you are perfect for the job in your cover letter.
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required for this role and responsibilities may change at any time.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
At Community.co, we are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to promote inclusiveness in everything we do. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Community.co is also committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear and see. We will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!