Senior Front End Software Engineer at Toast, Inc.
Title: Senior Front End Software Engineer
Location: Remote – US
We’re not your traditional tech company and we don’t aim to be. Going against the grain is in our DNA. Building a revolutionary product begins with revolutionary thinking. That’s why we value diversity of background and lived experience. Together, we empower restaurants of all sizes to build great teams, increase revenue, improve operations, and delight their guests. We pair our deep understanding of the restaurant industry with powerful cloud based software and restaurant-grade hardware to deliver an intuitive all-in-one platform. Join us on our mission to empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
Bready* to make a change?
Toast is building out a New Ventures business unit with the goal of researching, developing, and eventually scaling a new generation of products and business lines that can have a substantial impact on Toast’s long-term growth. In this unique role, you will be one of the founding engineers on one of our New Venture teams. In this early stage, no product, platform, or code beyond early prototypes exist yet. If you are the type of engineer who loves building from scratch, this could be the perfect job for you.
On the New Ventures Retail team, we are expanding Toast’s platform to work in retail locations. We work with some of the most innovative concepts around, mixing food and retail. Think wine bar and markets, pizzeria + liquor store, and boardgame caf s! We are led by two startup founders and thrive on rapid build-measure-learn feedback loops and listening to the customer at all stages of the product process. We are looking for a motivated engineer to help build this product from the ground up.
About This Roll* (Responsibilities)
- Work closely with the leads to identify high-impact opportunities
- Plan, scope and rapidly prototype solutions using a combination of web technologies
- Make technical decisions and recommendations that will lay the foundation for the future of our strategy
- Stay in tune with customer needs by participating in user interviews and research
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Qualities & Essential Skills)
- 5+ years of experience developing web applications using React and other JS frameworks
- Familiarity implementing designs provided by high-fidelity UX mocks in Figma, Sketch, etc.
- Experience shipping and maintaining testable code bases
- Passionate about making users happy and seeing people use your product in the wild.
- Ability to embrace the agile mindset and understand that sometimes we need to ship features quickly and clean up the code later.
- Comfortable with testing methodologies and frameworks
- High standards and an eye for detail
Our Spread of Total Rewards
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For roles based in the United States: As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.