Senior Financial Planning and Analysis Analyst at Athletic Greens
Title: Senior FP&A Analyst
- Location: Remote US
This position is 100% remote and will sit on a distributed Finance and Accounting team (pegged to a US timezone)
At Athletic Greens, our purpose is to inspire fulfilling lives, starting with a focus on health. Our core values are people first, life is an opportunity and no compromises. These values guide us in every decision we make. We look for these values within our own team, but also in anyone who works with us. Weve spent 10 years researching with the help of doctors, naturopaths and nutritionists to create the highest efficacy and nutritionally complete supplement on the planet. We never stop learning, growing and researching. Its our mission to continue adding value to our products and improving the lives of our customers.
The Senior Analyst FP&A role at Athletic Greens requires someone who is highly analytical, detail-oriented and excited to work in a high-growth, dynamic environment. This is a new role reporting to our Director of Finance and collaborating closely with our leadership team. The candidate will partner within all levels and areas of the Finance team as well as with various business partners across the company. This role will provide financial insights to support a wide-range of strategic initiatives including budgeting, forecasts, investments, enterprise performance, new markets and products and corporate development initiatives. This role will also be overseeing the evaluation of business performance and other key analyses (e.g., business cases, dashboards) that are strategic and of high importance to the leadership team. The ideal candidate will be based in the US, have a passion for health and wellness and will be intrinsically motivated as this role is 100% remote
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Collaborate with the Director of Finance, leadership team and cross-functionally to provide strategic analysis, insights, reporting, and analytics that influence business decision-making.
- Own and optimize the corporate financial model (P&L, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow) working closely with our Accounting team and in NetSuite to support the monthly rolling forecasting process.
- Support the budgeting, forecasting and financial planning cycles that drive our strategy.
- Establish and manages processes for project prioritization, including business case development, capital planning, monthly business reviews, dashboard and leadership team reporting.
- Prepare monthly variance analysis and deep dive reviews to improve the accuracy of our forecasting.
- Support the quantification of risks and opportunities including customer analytics (LTV, CAC, retention, payback) and product margin initiatives.
- Advocate for the Finance team within other areas of the company for needs such as process and systems improvements, data integrity and timelines.
- Proactively research and resolve financial inquiries, issues and ad hoc requests as needed.
- Look to automate, streamline and constantly improve all FP&A processes.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR SOMEBODY WITH:
- 2 – 4 years of experience in FP&A, investment banking or management consulting.
- Experience building complex financial models from the ground up.
- Intellectual curiosity and ability to switch gears in a dynamic environment.
- Understanding of US GAAP and financial reporting across all three statements.
- An excitement to be part of a new function in a startup environment and comfortable working in a remote setting.
- Strong time-management and people skills, flexibility, and multitasking ability.
- A strong understanding in all things MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint) and Google Suite.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Impeccable analytical and organizational skills.
- An ability to work closely with the leadership team.
- You have a no-compromises approach to the quality of your work and are a team player.
- Previous experience with consumer products in e-commerce, direct-to-consumer and/or CPG highly preferred.
- A Bachelors Degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A remote working environment with a strong culture.
- 90% premium coverage for top medical, dental and vision plans.
- Betterment 401k – Safe Harbor, up to 4% match after 3 months of employment.
- Quarterly team meet-ups.
- Annual company-wide trip.
- Unlimited vacation policy.
- A brand-new laptop of your choice and a budget for home office set-up or a co-working workspace
- The opportunity to work with a passionate, growing team of people!
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!