Senior Financial Accountant
ANYWHERE IN US
Articulate is looking for a Senior Financial Accountant who will perform general accounting and tax activities in the preparation of monthly financial statements and yearly tax returns. If you embrace rapid growth and change, can work effectively and independently from home, appreciate attention to detail while understanding the bigger picture, and are collaborative, curious, and results-driven, join our tenacious “get it done” Finance team.
Our ideal candidate will be comfortable in an environment where accounting is more about guidance than governance. You are also a critical thinker with business acumen and strong interpersonal skills.
What you will do:
- Manage the monthly close process in the preparation of consolidated financial statements
- Prepare and record monthly payroll and varied expense entries, providing ad hoc analytic support to FP&A and department managers
- Implement ASC 606 for commissions
- Perform month-end balance sheet reconciliations preparing associated journal entries for cash (bank recs), prepaids, assets and intangibles, accruals, debt, deferred revenue, and equity
- Reconcile intercompany accounts between systems and subsidiaries; review international statutory financials
- Tax management: Maintain the master state income tax schedule, prepare year-end tax schedules, and coordinate the timing of filings and payments between state online systems and our outside tax firm
- Corporate tax governance: Manage quarterly Wayfair sales tax testing and the associated sales tax registrations. Ensure franchise, gross receipts, and business licenses are filed timely in coordination with our registered agent. Manage nexus jurisdiction setup in Avalara, and vet all tax notices for appropriate handling
- Drive process improvement, implementing the Paylocity interface/API with Intacct.
- Evolve into an Intacct super user, maintaining the GL account and department structure and financial report templates
- Assist on special projects and ad hoc assignments as needed
What you should have:
- 5-7+ years of progressively responsible experience, preferably with a high-tech organization
- B.A. in accounting (equivalent work experience considered)
- Strong Excel skills; can download and analyze large data files via pivot tables
- Ability to juggle simultaneous tasks while managing remote communication tools: Google Suite (mail, sheets, doc), Zoom video, and Slack messaging
- Clear and concise communication skills (written and verbal); can partner and collaborate cross-functionally
- Solutions-oriented problem-solver; can take ownership of tasks and drive them to completion
- Systems experience with cloud-based applications such as Intacct, Avalara, Paylocity, Bill.com, Expensify, and Salesforce
- Experience with U.S. GAAP and IFRS accounting standards; have also participated in audit readiness
- Technology/SaaS experience
Articulate is a highly successful company with an empowering work culture. We value productivity and results, not corporate B.S. And we keep our eyes fixed on our customers, helping them succeed in every way we can. We also believe that to reach our diverse audiences, we need different viewpoints and voices in our midst. We welcome and celebrate differences and are committed to building a diverse team.
Articulate is a nimble software company focused on building incredible e-learning software, community, and content. We have 48,000+ B2B customers, including 93 of the Fortune 100 companies and 19 of the 20 top-ranked universities. Our customers trust us because they know we’re just as passionate about them as they are about us. Learn more about what it’s like to work at Articulate at www.articulate.com/careers.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Please include your resume with a short summary describing why you feel you are a good fit for the role. Speak to the “win-win” for you and Articulate, and highlight areas of the role that may represent a “professional change or stretch” and explain.