Senior Finance Manager at Amazon
Senior Finance Manager
Job ID: 1238487 | Amazon.com Services LLC
Finance is all about the numbers…unless you work at Amazon; it’s knowing the numbers and so much more. Enthusiasm and energy help us deliver new ideas, and solutions. Do you view problems as treasures, and are you willing to dive deep to develop those solutions and deliver results? Will you seek to challenge the status quo, and accept that your ideas and mechanisms may be tested daily? At Amazon, we move with purpose and speed, and this requires we work with a dynamic network of Operations, HR, Tech and Retail partners. Our Sr Finance Managers work with multiple sites, they help others understand financial decisions and are *the* trusted business advisor. They employ every facet of data and communication to ensure our partners and our leaders have the most up to date and reliable information to help them make the best possible decision. Come teach us a few things, and we’ll teach you a few things as we navigate the most customer-centric company on Earth.
This is a perfect position for someone who knows how to manage fast and smart. You will also provide the business with big leadership bringing a deep knowledge and a proven record of accomplishment. You already know how to make sense between which details that make all the difference, and those that don’t add value. You know the difference between investing wisely, and money wasted.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Manage others, develop exceptional talent, and encourage your team to challenge assumptions
- Promote recruiting efforts across the network to continually hire and develop the best
- Manage and participate in finance and accounting activities across several locations.
- Recommend, develop, and implement policies and programs that guide the organization in maintaining and improving its competitive position and profitability
- Create a “learn by doing” environment by engaging with on-the-floor associates and managers to promote and encourage continued customer focus
- Partner with your team and develop all weekly and monthly financial close activities, all planning, forecasting, and reporting models while overseeing their continuous innovation and communication to both your operations & other business partners
- Work with data source providers and technology teams to ensure that key decision data is accurate, automated and timely.
- Proven expertise managing, evaluating, analyzing quickly and creating meaningful business reporting
- Proven ability to develop strategic relationships with your business partners – you influence the decisions. You can root cause issues quickly and uncover core issues using data, then assist, consult with, and teach the business how decisions affect costs in their sites and create new mechanisms as they are needed
- Proven ability to manage a team with competing priorities & provide level-headed guidance during unexpected events.
- BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Engineering, Mathematics or similar degree
- Minimum 10 years of finance experience, or master’s degree and 8 years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- MBA and/ or Professional certification (CPA/CMA/Qualified Accounting certificate) + relevant experience
- Management experience with demonstrated leadership skills with proven ability to take on and create new assignments
- Advanced problem solving and root cause analysis combined with proven ability to communicate those analysis
- Highly analytical, detail oriented and strong business sense; proven ability to manage new ideas and creative solutions
- Manage and prioritize workload and achieve effective results in a fast-paced, growing and ambiguous environment
- Experience working with large-scale data mining and reporting tools (i.e. SQL, MSAccess, Essbase and/or Cognos) and other financial systems such (i.e. Oracle, SAP, Lawson, JD Edwards)
- Previous experience within a Manufacturing, Distribution Center or Logistics processes and systems a plus
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
- Operations Finance
- Finance and Global Business Services
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!