Senior Event Manager at Dan Martell - SaaS Academy
Location: US & Canada Locations Only; 100% Remote
- An expert event manager that’s been planning and supervising event planning for 6+ years?
- An objective thinker who knows how to align events to strategic business objectives?
- A master delegator with strong project management skills and experience leading a team to deliver multi day events.
- Someone that sees events as a revenue line item vs. an expense?
Perfect. Read on!
Who are we?
Dan Martell is an award-winning entrepreneur and investor who has founded multiple companies. He was named Canada’s top angel investor and he’s completed over 40+ investments with amazing companies like Udemy, Intercom, and Unbounce.
The Dan Martell | SaaS Academy Team is on a mission to help Software as a Service (SaaS) companies grow to new heights through world-class coaching and training.
Now, we need you – yes you – to help scale to new heights and continue to provide incredible support to entrepreneurs.
What’s the gig?
The Senior Events Manager will be responsible for leading all aspects of event management, planning, and execution for all program delivery and sales events.
This critical role will work under the direction of the Head of Product, will lead the event planning team, and collaborate closely with the Marketing, Sales and Customer Success teams to ensure that all events (live and virtual) achieve their objectives.
The right candidate will be more than an event planner – they will own all aspects of the event process including budgeting, experience design, day of execution, after-action assessments, process improvement, and reporting. They will support both large live event planning, as well as smaller customer events, virtual events, and internal SaaS Academy events.
Projects for you might include:
- Planning, preparing, and managing events;
- Incorporating sponsorships into live and virtual events;
- Elevating the customer experience and controlling the bottom line budget,
- Create and update weekly detailed program timelines and milestones to execute events
- Create and oversee the Roles & Responsibilities for internal and external partners
- Develop, manage, and report on program expenditures to achieve program objectives and maintain daily updates of expenditures.
- Evaluate current planning procedures, recommend improvements, and implement modifications as required
- Develop and update standard operating procedures (SOP) for domestic and international events to ensure steps necessary to synchronize events are identified, conduct in-progress reviews (IPR) and after-action reviews with faculty and staff, and provide input to the Executive Leadership Team as required or requested.
Who exactly are we looking for?
Someone that can:
- Lead all pre and post-event activities for both virtual and in-person meetings ranging in size from a several hundred clients to thousands.
- Build and execute strategy and own company-wide events management.
- Plan, manage and execute from a prescribed budget
In short, does this sound like you?
- Organizer. You have impeccable attention to detail, you look to improve processes and you anticipate every eventuality.
- Strategist. You approach a project methodically and you’re a keen problem solver.
- Communicator. You have excellent written and verbal communication.
- Adaptable. You thrive when you need to find solutions fast and you work fast and efficiently to get the job done.
- Efficient. You know how to manage your time well and can help others do the same.
- Initiative. You anticipate needs and enjoy tackling new challenges.
Further, the skills that are a big plus for this role:
- Knowledge of hotel and conferencing contracting structure details are preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of Asana, Zoom, Google Suite products
- Experience with Hubspot, Miro
At a minimum, you have:
- Six or more years of experience planning domestic and international events.
- Experience managing budgets required
- Managed an annual event budget over 1M
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills and attention to detail as well as the organizational and project management planning skills to manage multiple tasks, synchronize functional support efforts, and meet deadlines as required.
- Ability to travel internationally & domestically; at least 3 events per year (8 days away for each event)
- The ability to conduct cost estimates and maintain accurate project cost and projections spreadsheets.
- Ability to forecast attendance and set registration goals based on the business historicals and projections.
- You have a proven track record of coordinating and executing extremely tailored experiences for hundreds of people.
- You are adaptable — you can pivot like a champ, and no challenge proves too difficult for you.
- You dig the freelance life — you have the attitude, drive, and time-management skills to work from anywhere.
- You’re creative and results-driven — you can actively grow our events in quality and quantity over the coming years.
Like what you see?
If you’re thinking: “This is totally me!” then be sure to apply below.
Even if you’re thinking: “This definitely could be me!” apply below, anyways — we love diverse and non-traditional backgrounds.
We can’t wait to meet you!
Please check out the How We Hire section on our website to see what the steps are for our hiring process.
We won’t be able to give you feedback before the interview process – our small but mighty hiring team don’t have the bandwidth to offer personalized replies currently.
You will however hear from us if you apply. You’ve taken the time to apply and we will let you know whether you have been successful or not. It’s the least we can do!