Title: Senior Engineering Manager – Developer Productivity
Location: San Francisco or USA Remote
Fastly helps the world’s most popular digital businesses keep pace with their customer expectations by delivering fast, secure, and scalable online experiences. Businesses trust Fastly to accelerate the pace of technical innovation, mitigate evolving threats, and scale on demand. Founded in 2011, Fastly powers online destinations including Airbnb, GitHub, Alaska Airlines, Pinterest, Vimeo, The Guardian, and The New York Times.
The worldwide cloud services market is projected to grow rapidly to $236 billion in 2020, according to Forrester, Inc. As more and more businesses move operations to the cloud, Fastly is well positioned to continue increasing CDN, cloud networking and cloud security market share with edge cloud services that reach beyond content delivery.
We’re building a better Internet. Come join us.
Sr. Engineering Manager – Developer Productivity
The Sr. Engineering Manager for Developer Productivity will support and nurture talented engineers who are responsible for developer tools and the continuous integration and deployment pipelines for all applications at Fastly.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Enhance and evolve the tools that Fastly engineers use to build our edge cloud platform
- Collaborate with engineering managers and engineers to improve our continuous delivery pipelines
- Implement extension points and frameworks in the pipelines to support automated acceptance, integration, performance and security testing
- Guide your team in evaluating and analyzing new technology for feasibility, impact, and viability
What We’re Looking For
- Significant experience in software engineering, with several years in a management role
- Proven success leading teams building distributed systems
- Extensive experience managing globally distributed teams
- Ability to guide, nurture and support a strong engineering culture
- Exceptional technical and non-technical presentation and communication skills
- High level of organization with a proven ability to prioritize, manage, budget, and deliver on time
- Familiarity with tools and open sources technologies like Git, Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
- Experience using cloud infrastructure such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- We have a huge impact. Fastly is a small company with a big reach. Not only do our customers have a tremendous user base, but we also support a growing number of open source projects and initiatives. Outside of code, employees are encouraged to share causes close to their heart with others so we can help lend a supportive hand.
- We love distributed teams. Fastly’s home-base is in San Francisco, but we have multiple offices and employees sprinkled around the globe. In fact, 50% of our employees work outside of SF! An international remote culture is in our DNA.
- We care about you. Fastly works hard to create a positive environment for our employees, and we think your life outside of work is important too. We support our teams with great benefits like up to 20 weeks of paid parental leave, options for free medical/dental/vision plans, and an open vacation program that enables our folks to take the time they need to recharge (some benefits may vary by location).
- We value diversity. Growing and maintaining our inclusive and diverse team matters to us. We are committed to being a company where our employees feel comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work and have the ability to be successful — every day.
- We are passionate. Fastly is chock full of passionate people and we’re not one size fits all’. Fastly employs authors, pilots, skiers, parents (of humans and animals), makeup geeks, coffee connoisseurs, and more. We love employees for who they are and what they are passionate about.
We’re always looking for humble, sharp, and creative folks to join the Fastly team. If you think you might be a fit please apply!
Fastly provides equal employment opportunity without regard to an applicant’s race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, religion, marital status or veteran status.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Fastly. Please inform us if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.