Title: Senior Employee Engagement Consultant
Remote – Anywhere
Remote – Connecticut
Remote – Arizona
Maryland Heights MO 63043 St Louis 2 13500 Riverport Drive
Remote – Virginia
Orlando FL 32801 Fed 13800 Veteran Pkwy Suite 4B
Remote – Florida
Applies a consultative approach to maintain partnerships with SBU HR and Business leaders to build organizational capability through the development of solutions that address root causes to workplace issues. This includes identifying trends and designing mediation strategies such as training recommendations to address those trends.
- Provides coaching and feedback to leaders and individual contributors to enhance the ongoing effectiveness of leadership activities, work group dynamics and key performance outcomes.
- Actively promotes and drives shift from traditional HR support models to less bureaucratic, more efficient models and processes that place accountability with leaders to actively manager their talent while balancing the need for Enterprise-wide consistency in the areas of policy application and employment law.
- Provides advice and policy interpretation to managers and employees and is responsible for overall employee relations (ER) case management. Counsels employees and leaders on individual issues and conducts complex and senior level investigations.
- Utilizes appropriate tools and resources (e.g., Time Reporting, Performance Management, Human Resources Management System (HRMS), Shared Knowledge base, etc.) to provide guidance in identifying and resolving employee issues
- Investigates, prepares and responds to Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) and Department Of Labor (DOL) legal responses.
- Demonstrate continuous learning mindset to ensure Magellan s Employee Relations team applies contemporary process improvements and technology advancements.
- Remains current on industry trends through peer networking, online communities and independent research in support of the HR strategy. Integrates knowledge gained into current work practices.
- Applies a systematic, systemic approach to identify, diagnose, and provide key interventions and solutions through active listening and critical thinking.
- Uses metrics and analytics, in partnership with HR Business Consultants, to continuously improve the work environment, including process improvement and policy effectiveness.
- Approaches work with creativity and adaptability to maintain best-in-class solutions that improve the employee experience and helps develop leadership at all levels of the organization.
General Job Information
Senior Employee Engagement Consultant
Human Resources Group
United States of America
United States of America (Exempt)
Bachelors: Human Resources (Required)
License and Certifications – Required
License and Certifications – Preferred
PHR – Professional Human Resources – Enterprise
Other Job Requirements
- Minimum 3 years employee relations experience
- California employment law experience is a plus.
- Applicable experiences in innovative ER approaches, risk management and policy interpretation and application are preferred.
- Must be well organized and able to coordinate multiple tasks and requests.
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, negotiation and problem solving skills are essential.
- Ability to interact well with all organizational levels. Excellent verbal and written communications skills are essential.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Integrity – maintains confidentiality at all times.
- Excellent presentation skills required.
- Experience with providing HR Generalist support across multiple states.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.