Senior Employee Benefits Content Writer, Editor at Applied Systems
Sr. Employee Benefits Content Writer/Editor
- US-Remote Position
Applied Systems, Inc., a worldwide leader in insurance technology, is currently searching for a Sr. Employee Benefits Content Writer/Editor. As a member of the Product Management team, you will be responsible for content strategy, creation and delivery of client-facing content. You will partner with our network of internal subject matter experts to create content that bridges the intersection of business and technology.
You’ll love this role if you enjoy:
- Flexing your creative muscles
- Bringing fresh ideas to editorial planning and storylines
- Forging a new path with like-minded colleagues
- Learning new topics and spreading knowledge through engaging content
You may live anywhere in the United States for this position. We are looking for the best talent!
- Maintain a comprehensive knowledge of insurance industry, content marketing and social media trends
- Review and edit work for accuracy and readability, ensure it meets business and end-user objectives
- Participate in peer reviews, offer constructive feedback to strengthen peer writing
- Use of content tools to manage content
- Ensure content adheres to Applied’s brand and writing guidelines
- Monitor content for relevance, timeliness and market impact
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THIS JOB
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, English or related field; or equivalent experience
- Strong HR & Employee Benefits experience required
- 7+ years of copywriting experience
- Experience with long-form and short-form copywriting
- Working knowledge of how to translate complex subjects and processes into easily understood content for a variety of audiences, including the insurance consumer
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management skills; able to manage concurrent projects of varying size and complexity
- Ability to organize and oversee projects from initial concept through completion and launch
- Experience with content management, digital writing standards and AP style preferred
- Working knowledge in the use of Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite
- Provide a link to your writing portfolio or provide 4-5 writing samples that show the breadth of your writing experience within the industry
WHO WE ARE
- LEADING GLOBAL PROVIDER OF CLOUD-BASED INSURANCE SOFTWARE- Applied Systems develops the top two Insurance Agency/Broker Management software products in the world. In addition, we also provide innovative mobile apps, Data Analytics, Customer Self-Service, Insurer Connectivity & Rating, eServicing, Benefits Design, and CRM software products. By automating the insurance lifecycle, Applied’s people and products enable millions of people around the world to safeguard and protect what matters most.
- CLOUD SOLUTIONS & PROFESSIONAL SERVICES- We offer cloud solutions, 24×7 technical support, consulting, implementation, and education services.
- AWARD WINNING TECHNOLOGY- We have been voted
- 2020 Company of the Year (Stevie Award)
- 2020 New Product or Service of the Year- 2 awards (Stevie Award)
- 2019 Best Cloud-Based Software Solutions Provider in the insurance industry (2019 Corporate Excellence Awards)
- 2019 Digital Service Provider of the Year (Business Excellence Awards)
- 2019 Best Broker Software Management House (Insurance Times)
- GOOGLE’S INVESTMENT IN APPLIED- Google/CapitalG made a minority investment in Applied that will spur AI, machine learning, and digital marketing innovation in the global insurance industry.
- CLIENTS- We provide technology to over 160k users within insurance agencies, brokerages, and carriers throughout the US, Canada, the UK, and Ireland.
- EMPLOYEES- Applied currently has 1,800+ employees across the US, Canada, the UK, and Ireland.
COMPANY CULTURE & PERKS
- JOIN A GREAT TEAM- We believe that success comes from a dynamic working environment that offers professionals an opportunity to grow and succeed alongside extraordinary people. We encourage idea-sharing, problem-solving, and teamwork in our environment.
- RELAXED DRESS CODE- Applied allows for a relaxed dress code where jeans are permitted; we call this Dress for your Day.
- FUN PARTIES & PERKS- Fun perks are a staple at Applied, including holiday parties with games and contests, summer celebrations employee appreciation events, art contests, employee discount programs, and more!
- OPPORTUNITIES FOR ADVANCEMENT- We are a growing company that offers career opportunities, and not just another job. Applied believes in growing our employees and promoting from within, offering many opportunities for professional advancement along the way!
- CAREER STABILITY & LONGEVITY- Our average employee tenure is 9 years.
- CULTURE OF RECOGNITION- Applied provides a culture of employee recognition with our Circle of Excellence program, and our internal social network recognition program.
- APPLIED CARES- We have a culture that embraces and promotes volunteerism. Applied encourages our employees to help local charities and communities through the Applied Cares’ program
BENEFITS & REWARDS
- BENEFITS FROM DAY ONE- Applied offers Medical, Rx, Dental, Vision, Virtual Doctors’ Appointments, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Accounts, Critical Illness, Group Accident, and Wellness Incentives to ensure employees are covered from day one.
- FINANCIAL PEACE OF MIND- In addition to wellness benefits, Applied offers traditional and Roth 401k options, with employer match. Accidental Death & Dismemberment, Short and Long Term Disability, and Business Travel Accident insurance are also offered.
- WORKLIFE BALANCE- There is more to life than work: that is why Applied offers benefits to help balance your work and home life. We offer competitive paid vacation time, personal/sick time, paid holidays, summer hours, paid parental leave, volunteer time off, and a free day off for your birthday!
Applied Systems welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!