Senior Editor, Lifestyle at FOX Corporation
Senior Editor, Lifestyle
- Location: USA – Remote
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the direct-to-consumer subscription streaming service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 18 consecutive years, while FBN currently ranks as the number one business channel on cable. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
The Fox News Digital Lifestyle team is seeking an experienced editor to manage a team of reporters and editors in our Lifestyle verticals, covering topics including, but not limited to food, drink, travel, outdoor pursuits, style, beauty, health, well-being, and real estate. In this role, you will identify, assign, and edit (and sometimes write on) topics of interest to readers across FoxNews.com and FoxBusiness.com, driving original and exclusive content production while mining potential story ideas from news sources, social media platforms, and online forums.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assign and edit a team of Lifestyle editors producing timely, on-brand content or breaking news coverage under tight deadlines
- Monitor the news, social media platforms, and online forums for the latest breaking news and trending news items
- Enforce SEO best practices
- Work with partner sites and affiliates to identify and syndicate partner content that would be of interest to the Lifestyle audience
- Manage a portion of the homepage to maximize traffic to the Lifestyle section
- Monitor site traffic and analytics to maximize page views, unique users, time on site, and media initiates
- Oversee lifestyle alerts and newsletters
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- 5+ years of experience editing, reporting, and writing engaging digital content
- Experience reporting and writing hard news and breaking news
- Experience managing, assigning, and editing an editorial team
- Expertise in AP style
- Thorough knowledge of SEO best practices and digital analytics
- Familiarity with Photoshop or photo-editing software
- The ability to identify trending news and viral trends
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent judgment and news-gathering skills
- Impeccable editing and proofreading skills
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!