- SF, CA – Remote OK
Inside.com Seeks a Senior Editor
Inside.com is a network of email newsletters. We publish high-quality roundups that curate, summarize, and analyze all of the most important news in many different verticals and industries. Some example topics include: venture capital, Artificial Intelligence, podcasting, wine and even cities (San Francisco, Los Angeles, Pittsburgh). Check out the complete list here: inside.com.
We have more than 40 writers, who are working remotely and part-time. Our goal is to scale from 50 to 300 titles in the next two years, and we’re looking for a Senior Editor to join the editing team. We want someone who will act as a kind of coach to their team of writers, brainstorming how to improve their newsletters a little bit every week, and ensuring these improvements are made.
In this remote gig, you will be working from your quiet, home office on a super fast internet connection. Ideal candidates should have…
- Grit. This is not a “go through the motions” type of role. You need the dedication to roll up your sleeves, the tenacity to keep a fast-growing editorial operation running smoothly, and the creativity to ensure we never stop improving.
- Mentorship experience. Each writer on your team should get your undivided attention during a weekly call. You’ll read and edit their work, give them suggestions, and not shy away from giving direct, clear feedback on how they can improve their work.
- Sharp attention to detail. While you should be able to spot a typo from a mile away, you should also have the ability to edit with a deep understanding of our style, voice, and context.
- Excellent communication. This role is as much about editorial as it is about managing and interacting with the writers and clearly communicating plans for growth.
- Time management and organization skills. This is a demanding role that requires excellent time management and efficiency.
Our best performing newsletters have over 40 percent open rates and organically double or triple in size every year.
We’re looking for someone who has a track record of supporting, managing and motivating a large group of freelancers. Strong preference for East Coast-based and Europe-based candidates available for early morning shifts.
- Three years of experience editing and managing writers.
- Salary based on experience, USD $45k
Are you still reading? Great, maybe you’re a good fit. Please fill out this application and we’ll get back to you soon!