Senior Editor at Future plc
Title: Senior Editor Android Central
- Location: Remote Remote US
About the Team
Android Central is the home of Android for Everyone. But its more than that Android Central hosts news, reviews, how-to guides and buying guides across a variety of topics, from Android smartphones to wearables to tablets, Chromebooks to smart home, and perhaps even your next kitchen gadget.
Job Summary and Purpose
Android Centrals Senior Editor, U.S. region, is at the heart of the websites core team, a small group of diehard Android users and reporters, whose job it is to evaluate, review, and write about the latest products that our readers come to our learn about, as well as provide expert analysis on trend in the Android ecosystem.
You will be a passionate Android enthusiast and subject matter expert. Secondly, you will be a solid writer; the world will interact with your work through the articles you write, and experience in writing editorials and reviews of the latest gadgets is important. You also must be knowledgeable about the way that readers interact with modern review and editorial content, as a funnel for ecommerce.
You will be responsible for building and maintaining relationships with many of the companies that work with Android Central on a regular basis, including Google, Samsung, LG, Sony and others, along with U.S. carriers like T-Mobile, Verizon and AT&T. These relationships are crucial to the health of the site and will ultimately mean the difference between receiving exclusive access to products, executives and news. Existing relationships with these companies would be beneficial.
You will work with the rest of the core team, along with the managing editor, to brainstorm, plan and execute on stories that stand out from the relentless cycle of similar online content. You will be expected to show leadership potential and lead by example, including meeting deadlines, submitting clean copy, and having an adept editing hand with clear attention to detail. Video experience is a plus.
Android Central is an entirely remote working environment, and as such, the ideal candidate is familiar with modern tools and best practices for effective remote working. Experience working remotely is a plus.
As a senior member of the Android Central team, you must champion Futures values. This means positively impacting the culture through promoting interaction between teams and the audience, demonstrating decisiveness in decision making, having a clear focus on results, ensuring all activity undertaken aligns with the wider needs of the business, and exercising sound judgement when working with others.
You may also be expected to conduct occasional performance-data analysis and work with the managing editor to determine the right course of action for future projects.
Along with the managing editor, you will occasionally interface with marketing and sales, and attending client meetings on behalf of Future PLC may be required.
Key responsibilities and skills
- Comprehensive understanding of the Android space and its machinations.
- Comprehensive understanding of the market forces that drive tech companies to act in particular ways, and be able to react quickly and decisively when actions are taken.
- Approach tech reviews, editorials, and news reporting in a creative, exciting, and authoritative way.
- Build and maintain relationships with companies and brands that matter to the sites audience.
- Work with the managing editor to plan content on a daily and weekly basis.
- Report to the managing editor on a weekly basis to track project progress and improve workflows within the team.
- Edit and publish editorial content that may be written on a daily or weekly basis.
- Regularly report on content and audience KPIs set by the business, and modify content strategy accordingly.
- Occasional travel (situation-permitting) to trade shows and other key industry events.
What do I need to succeed?
- Planning and organizational skills.
- Excellent time-management and prioritization skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Decision-making and problem resolution skills.
- Ability to perform at a high level on strict deadlines.
- Strict attention to detail.
- Professional writing and editing experience.
- Clear understanding of modern SEO best practices.
As well as our standard benefits, we have a number of awesome perks available to our staff including:
- Unlimited paid time off (yes you read that right!)
- A share in our successevery member of staff receives a profit pool bonus at the end of our financial year
- Discounted digital magazine subscriptions and bookazines
- Annual Future conference get together with your colleagues to celebrate success and look forward to what’s next
- Huge opportunities to learn and develop whether through professional qualifications, exposure to incredible business projects or informal lunch & learns, hosted by your colleagues
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!