Senior eDiscovery Project Manager (Remote)
Multiple Locations, Remote
eDiscovery project management experience required (see Job Requirements, below).
The Senior Project Manager (Sr. PM) position works at the direction of an Associate Director or Director as a member of a project management team (pod), along with Project Managers, Associate Project Managers, and Discovery Analysts. Sr. PMs are expected to be seasoned e-discovery professionals with extensive experience managing client expectations.
This position is responsible for managing to a case or client annual budget, consulting clients on ediscovery best practices, and identifying preferred paths to completing projects with a focus on reducing costs, increasing speed of delivery and use of Lighthouse technologies to drive client satisfaction. Sr. PMs are also responsible for planning, monitoring and managing internal and external project communications of pod members.
Sr. PMs provide workflow consultation, drive the development of standards and coordinate and participate in the daily activities associated with providing ediscovery support to clients. This includes creating work orders for tasks associated with data intake, culling, processing, hosting and production and completing quality checks to ensure the accuracy and completeness of work product before it is released to clients.
Sr. PMs participate in client meetings, including project kickoff calls, status meetings and annual reviews.
Sr. PMs are expected to facilitate Lighthouse’s goal of maintaining a high level of client satisfaction, to ensure client facing error rates are kept below industry and Lighthouse standards, and to ensure delivery deadlines are consistently met. Success relies heavily on the ability to manage multiple tasks across multiple matters and clients at the direction of the pod’s Associate Director and/or Director, and to work effectively with leaders across operational teams.
What You’ll Do:
- Maintain a deep understanding of eDiscovery, market competitors and the tools used to support the industry
- Develop a thorough understanding of Lighthouse workflows, critical paths needed to progress work through the system and tools used by Lighthouse to manage workflows
- Manage directly or indirectly clients and projects assigned to the pod and delegate key stakeholders to ensure proper project management tasks and workflows are complete including oversight and support to manage the workload queue
- Communicate expectations for scope and deadlines to internal and external stakeholders
- Analyze project requirements to effectively create and maintain project schedules which includes being able to define and understand project activities, sequences of events, dependencies, work effort, duration of tasks by departments, including queue management time, and associated resource requirements based upon the size of the queue
- Delegate work to Project Managers, Associate Project Managers, and Discovery Analysts
- Draft and manage or participate in project management tasks including SOW creation, kick-off call preparation and completion, and documentation of workflows, standards and project closure tasks such as final billing and data destruction as needed
- Participate in monthly billing reviews and forecasting meetings, at the direction of the pod’s Associate Director and/or Director
- Participate in process improvement initiatives as identified by the pod’s Associate Director and/or Director, the heads of the Project Management department and the company
- Train and develop team members on workflows and ediscovery best practices
What You’ll Need:
- At least six years of work experience with at least four years of ediscovery project management experience
- Bachelor’s degree (Masters or JD a plus)
- Strong analytical and logical skills
- Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standards exist
- Effective written and oral communication skills including having the ability to deal with difficult situations and manage conflicts to successful resolutions
- Outstanding organizational skills and the ability to multitask
- Strong project management skills including the ability to interpret a variety of instructions provided in written or oral form
- Work within timelines and budget parameters
- Ensure quality, accuracy and timeliness of all aspect of implementation
- Ability to delegate tasks as appropriate to team members
- Flexibility and adaptability to handle a changing and growing workload
- Ability to foster positive and professional relationships at all levels internally and externally