Senior Director, Salesforce Technical Owner at American Red Cross
Title: Senior Director, Salesforce Technical Owner (work from home)
Location: United States
This position will work remotely from anywhere in the USA. Typical work hours will primarily be East Coast and work with others who are also remotely located across the country.
RC Care is a Salesforce based platform with integrations to many third parties to assist the American Red Cross in providing timely, relevant, scalable services to our clients around the world. RC Care is a case management and client relationship management database with robust adaptability to tailor the user experience and services available based on the type of event and user, and to create a guided, relevant experience to volunteers, clients, and employees who use the application 24/7. The RC Care system seeks to provide a personalized look and experience to each user and to help families through difficult life events in an intuitive way. The services, business units, and communities served will grow and adapt over time and the product needs to be constantly at the forefront anticipating evolving user and business needs.
The RC Care Team:
We are a blended business and technical team that operates like an internal start-up, focused on building solutions to drive forward the humanitarian mission of the American Red Cross through an emphasis on Client Services and Experience. As a member of the RC Care team, you will be responsible for converting business concepts into the next generation of applications and tools, utilizing adaptive agile methodologies to deliver a minimal viable product to the business in record time. There is a lot of opportunity on this team for the right person to bring consistency, robustness, scalability, and vision. We are looking for clear minded visionaries to ensure a dependable and innovative user experience while keeping up with a large quantity of incoming business and market demands. We continue to experience rapid growth as we invest in resources and create new opportunities; as a result, we have an exciting opportunity for a Technical Owner to join our RC Care Team.
The Senior Director, Salesforce Solution Technical Owner is responsible for strategic and tactical planning, delivery and operation of IT systems that enable and support the business objectives of the American Red Cross Humanitarian mission. This role drives all IT related work related to the Humanitarian Client Care Center. This person will be responsible for the following IT systems in this area: Case/Client Management, Identity and Payments, Response Events, Damage Assessments, Reporting and a few other applications. This is a strategic and highly impactful role, helping the organization use technology to increase response to the mission.
The Senior Director, Salesforce Technical Owner is responsible for building strong partnerships with business leaders, developing a deep understanding of the Disaster and Service to the Armed Forces business and technology needs, and working closely with business leaders to develop technology plans and roadmaps, and to deliver and operate solutions that meet business objectives. This role will lead a combination of managed services vendors, internal IT teams and consulting vendors to deliver programs in this area.
The Senior Director, Salesforce Solution Technical Owner collaborates with IT leaders and organizations to deliver integrated solutions to Humanitarian Services that are cost-effective to operate and maintain, and that adhere to IT standards, policies, and processes.
- Initiate, build and maintain excellent working relationships with business leaders, including key senior management
- Partner with business leaders and senior management to understand strategic business plans and roadmaps and develop supporting information technology plans and roadmaps.
- Develop IT execution and delivery strategies, including in-house vs. outsourcing approaches
- Develop and oversee development of program and project plans, milestones, deliverables, timelines, resources, and budgets
- Provide oversight, guidance, and contributions to help ensure project success
- Ability to be hands on when needed and be able to function across the spectrum – from strategic and tactical
- Weigh in as necessary on requirements, architecture, security, engineering, infrastructure and other aspects of solution delivery or system maintenance to represent the business objectives and priorities. Ensure non-functional and technical requirements are included in all project plans.
- Provide Salesforce subject matter thought leadership and expertise to steer the technical direction of workstreams based on sound technical basis
- Act as a technology guardian to promote sustainable solutions and discourage poor choices
- Comprehension of architectural decisions and ability to convey those decisions to stakeholders to explain how business strategy alignment is satisfied
- Monitoring key Salesforce technology trends and recommend the right additions that will make us more efficient and lower our total cost of ownership
- Manage vendor performance and relationships to meet business objectives effectively and efficiently.
- Responsible for IT human capital management to include staffing, employee training and career development, establishing performance standards and conducting reviews, and succession planning
- Ensure 24/7/365 staffing for mission critical systems
- Accountable for system redundancy and technical continuity of operations
KEY CHARACTERISTICS AND ABILITIES
The candidate must demonstrate the ability to:
- Develop and implement an organizational strategy which integrates key American Red Cross and Information Technology goals, priorities, values, and other factors.
- Balance change and continuity–to continually strive to improve customer focus and organizational performance within the Red Cross framework, to create a work environment that encourages innovation, and to maintain focus, intensity and persistence, even under adversity.
- Design and implement strategies which develop direct reports and others in the organization, and foster integrity and trust in meeting the organization’s vision, mission, and goals.
- Make timely and effective decisions and produce results through strategic planning and the implementation and evaluation of programs and policies.
- Foster an environment of accountability and continuous improvements.
- Acquire and administer human, financial, material, and information resources in a manner which instills public trust and accomplishes the organization’s mission, and to use new technology to enhance decision making.
- Explain, advocate and express facts and ideas in a convincing manner and negotiate with individuals and groups internally and externally.
- Develop an expansive professional network with other organizations, and to identify the internal and external politics that impact the work of the organization.
- Step up to conflicts, seeing them as opportunities, reading situations quickly and listening with focus.
- Negotiate agreements and settle disputes equitably, finding common ground and gaining cooperation with minimum noise.
- 10 plus years experience to include 5-7 management/supervisory experience and proven experience managing large Salesforce projects and systems (case management experience preferable)
- 4 year degree in Business Management, Information Technology, Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related discipline. Advanced degree desirable.
- Extensive experience with the Salesforce platform across its various offerings (firm understanding of the underlying technology framework and tools)
- Experience with Salesforce Service Cloud and Communities implementations and support is required
- Experience in early part of the career serving as the primary lead for multiple critical corporate applications on Salesforce platform
- Strong Program/Project management experience, and experience with Agile, Scrum, DevOps practices required
- Experience of working with cloud platforms AWS/Azure/Google Cloud or equivalent
- Experience using Service Management tools, such as EasyVista
- Experience with Hyperwallet and/or payment and identity providers desired
- Knowledge of ITIL framework required
- High level of knowledge/expertise in case management process design and implementations desirable
- Strong understanding of data management technologies (MDM, Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing, Data Science)
- Strong understanding of Integration technologies including ESB, iPaaS, API Management and Service Governance experience
- Strong desire to keep up with emerging technologies to act as a thought leader to help guide technology innovation
- Strong knowledge of systems security, data protection, and data privacy as it pertains to delivering enterprise grade Salesforce solutions
- Experience working with clients with significant and complex IT needs
- Experience working in large, complex IT project environments
- Highly intelligent, conceptual, excellent judgment, and capable of analyzing business and management problems. Must possess the ability to arrive at sound and effective business solutions.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!