1260652 – Sr Director of Sales Business Development
- LOCATION: San Jose, California, US
- ADDITIONAL LOCATION(S). United States
- AREA OF INTEREST Sales – Product
- JOB TYPE Professional
- TECHNOLOGY INTEREST Service Provider, Wireless, Mobility
- JOB ID 1260652
Director of Business Development Manager, Americas Theatre
Who You’ll work With
- The Global Specialists (GS) organization was set up to operationalize a consistent, scalable model for Cisco’s sales and SE specialists globally.
- It will grow the business as Cisco’s tip of the spear for strategic offers vs. many of our toughest competitors, and it will transform our specialist model such that we most effectively put the right GTM and selling resources on Cisco’s most critical opportunities and transitions.
- Supporting the VP of Cisco’s Global Specialist team for Service Provider. We are seeking a Business Development Director to join the leadership team to engage with the Service Provider leadership teams and the Geo field Services leadership teams to ensure the teams are aligned in their GTM strategy, fiscal year plan and enablement plan; interlocked.
- This will accelerate the field’s capability and selling readiness to deliver sustainable growth.
What You’ll Do
- You will lead a team to drive business initiatives, solution offers, and drive the GTM for Service Provider solutions for the Americas.
- You will also ensure the successful scaling of our messaging to the Service Provider, Enterprise, Public Sector and Commercial teams throughout Americas.
There will be three main areas of focus:
- Ensure interlock between SPBU teams and Americas field teams to deliver relevant competitive high value offers
- Guide field readiness on existing offers and lead the development of transformational offers linked to Network Transitions
- Drive sales GTM consistency across SP, Enterprise, Public Sector and Commercial Sales Segments.
Who You Are
You are a strategic leader with a depth of experience in driving transformation across a broad set of technologies globally. You have the ability to view the current environment and develop insights for the future requirements of the organization in a 6, 12 and 18 month horizon
- A Bachelor’s Degree is required MBA is preferred with a minimum of 10+ years’ related experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of IP, Mobile Radio Networks and 5G network transitions
- Create relationships and credibility at all levels of Cisco and Customer organizations
- Has led market initiatives and organization, ideally business development or sales leadership experience
- Excellence in all areas of business management, including project management, business analysis, recommendation, and consensus building
- Experience in implementing new product introduction processes and customer and employee input/feedback methodologies
- Clear success in prior roles, with increasing levels of responsibility and independence
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills and a desire to work in a team-oriented environment
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference. Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere – From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone – We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco