Senior Director of Marketing and Communications at Iridescent
Sr. Director of Marketing and Communications
Full time, US-based remote position. Annual salary $90-100K depending on experience.
We are seeking a strategic, creative, and driven individual with marketing and communications experience to develop, implement, and execute integrated marketing communications plans for Technovation as our Senior Director of Marketing and Communications. This individual will join and lead a 4-person team of marketers experienced in content (especially web content), social media, visual storytelling, and events to raise Technovation’s visibility and inspire more people to join and support its mission.
Technovation, a global tech education nonprofit, empowers girls and families to become leaders, creators, and problem-solvers. With support from corporate partners such as Adobe, Google, Salesforce, Boeing, Cisco, and NVIDIA, our programs have engaged and transformed the lives of more than 130,000 underserved youth and reached more than 28,000 industry mentors, educators, and parents in 100+ countries.
Our two signature programs bring to life our innovative, real-life learning model:
Technovation Families unites families, schools, and mentors to learn, play, and create with artificial intelligence. Through hands-on projects, children (ages 8-16) and adults learn and use AI tools to address real-world problems in their communities. Among others, our program has been featured in The Wall Street Journal and Entrepreneur.
Technovation Girls equips young women (ages 10-18) to become tech entrepreneurs and leaders. With the support of program mentors, girls work in teams to code mobile apps that address complex, real-world problems. Our program has been featured in the award-winning documentary, CodeGirl, as well as publications including Fast Company, Forbes, and more.
This is an exciting time at Technovation. We dream big and we rely on storytelling, data, and teamwork to achieve our goals. In 2018 and 2019, the marketing team spearheaded an organization-wide rebrand, as well as laid the foundation and strategy for a strong integrated communications program focused on raising the organization’s visibility as well as building executive thought leadership.
With the help of a strong communications agency partner, the marketing team has increased international media coverage, secured speaking opportunities at sought after venues like the United Nations, SXSW EDU, UNESCO and Mobile World Congress, increased social engagement across several digital channels through strong visual storytelling, and significantly improved our SEO through strategic and engaging content.
- Develop, refine and implement an integrated marketing strategy for the organization
- Serve as primary liaison with external agency partners (PR, branding)
- Collaborate across teams to ensure engaging materials are developed to support various teams’ goals while adhering to brand voice
- Support marketing team members by developing and reviewing marketing materials (as needed)
- Work across the organization to support marketing-led grant deliverables and contribute to grant reports
- Support Events Manager in the development and promotion of Technovation World Summit, our annual event celebrating program finalists
- Liaise with corporate partners and their communications teams; advocate for Technovation’s interests
- Be an active contributor to the organization’s Leadership Team voicing marketing perspectives to overall org strategy
- Support completion of outstanding Technovation rebrand action items; be an internal champion for rebranding activities across the organization and with the Leadership Team
- Manage integrated marketing communications strategy and campaigns including overall 2020 metrics; communicate any changes to the strategy to Leadership Team.
- Support development and management of Google Ads through Google Grants account
- Review and manage Google Analytics including use of potential outside consultant
- 10-12 years of experience in marketing and communications, with some experience in an agency setting
- Skilled at developing creative programs and campaigns grounded in strategy
- Adept at identifying the right success metrics and tracking success against them
- Strong presentation skills and comfortable presenting to everyone from youth and members of our board of directors to program leaders and influential funding decision makers
- Exceptional writing skills
- Passionate about improving educational experiences and outcomes for underserved youth and adults around the world
- Drive to continuously seek opportunities to learn and adapt
- Exceptional communication and organization skills for sharing and transferring information effectively across a remote team
- Collaborative with a roll-up-your-sleeves attitude
- Excels in a very fast-paced, remote and dynamic work environment
- Comfortable working with diverse people and perspectives, organizations, communities, and cultures
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Meaningful work. You’ll contribute directly to growing a movement, empowering girls and families to learn and use cutting-edge technologies to solve real-world problems impacting them in 100+ countries.
- Autonomy. We don’t micromanage. We trust you to communicate clearly and discuss decisions with any people affected. In collaboration and negotiation with colleagues, you will be responsible for fundraising decision-making.
- Generous benefits and compensation. We offer 20 paid vacation days plus all federal holidays including week between christmas & new year. We pay 100% of your healthcare premiums including vision and dental. Retirement plan options available after 1-year, with employer matching after 2-year vesting period.
- Workplace input. We are open to adopting new workflows, new software, or other improvements that you think would increase our success, if you are able to champion and gain agreement for recommendations from colleagues.
- Flexible work environment. We have core hours, but no one is looking over your shoulder. Go to appointments when you need to, as long as you’re getting your work done in good quality and on time.
- We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity among its applicant pool as well as within our staff, Board, and partners. We encourage applicants from all backgrounds to apply.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!