Senior Director CEC HR Operations Support (Flexible Location – Remote Eligible)
Job Number: 19000OBY
Job Category: Human Resources
Location: Omaha Gbl Sls&Ctmr Care Campus, Omaha, Nebraska
Position Type: Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
The Senior Director HR Operations, CEC will report directly to the Vice President Human Resources, CEC. As a member of the CEC HR Operations Support organization, he/she contributes a high level of human resource generalist knowledge and skills to develop, establish, and maintain core HR processes to support the discipline for the CECs. He/she will provide day-to-day management and oversight for multiple HR projects that are part of or in support of larger initiatives and programs. This leader will guide teams consisting of several stakeholders and departments as well as lead a team of 2-5 HR Operations support positions. He/she will be involved in key activities from project planning; managing design, development, implementation, and sustainability planning of assigned projects and core governance processes for the CECs. A major component of the role will be aligning and harmonizing HR processes and standards between legacy Marriott and legacy Starwood sites, both in the US and internationally.
This is a remote eligible position, as in able to work out of Home Office or ideally near CEC in North America – CEC stands for Customer Engagement Center (or Reservations Center), or can be located at the Marriott Omaha Global Sales & Customer Service Care Campus in Nebraska.
The CEC – Customer Engagement Centers / Marriott Reservations Locations:
- Omaha, Nebraska
- Miami, Florida
- Cleveland (Solon), Ohio
- San Antonio, Texas
- Salt Lake City (Midvale), Utah
- Wichita, Kansas
- Austin, Texas
- Fall River, Massachusetts
BUSINESS CONTEXT: EXPECTED CONTRIBUTIONS
Functional HR Leader Leadership
- Lead the execution of business priorities as set forth by the VPHR of the CECs and Chief HR Officer of BMSC.
- Develop and execute continental human resource initiatives, strategies, policies and practices across the region, as required.
- Deliver sound results by coordinating implementations, tracking results, problem-solving and leveraging efforts across the region.
- Lead projects at the direction of the VPHR and/or ADHRs including planning, defining deliverables, measuring outcomes, developing metrics, timelines, communications and key milestones.
- Track and ensure compliance with total compensation systems, tools, programs, policies, etc.
- Monitor compliance against requirements for annual merit, bonus and stock review process, as applicable.
- Partner with the VPHR and ADHRs in analyzing wage strategies for management and hourly compensation.
- Facilitate and work with Compensation and Benefits to analyze and administer market and internally competitive compensation/benefit/reward practices to attract and retain talent across the CECs.
- Collaborate with the above center HR/business teams in annual compensation activities, communications and follow-up with property HR leaders.
- Manage and triage issues by providing transparent leadership to successfully resolve problems and make informed decisions.
- Strategize and execute the design and development of the HR processes for the CECs and it’s sites.
- Monitor success of initiatives/projects and existing programs/products/services.
- Establish and implement measurement processes to gauge project success.
- Elevate alternatives and make judgment calls on a range of CEC HR projects.
- Gain alignment among functional stakeholders, senior management, and CEC sites.
- Negotiate and influence project direction to achieve results.
- Provide processes and communications that create accountability with HR team and drive results.
- Operate in a matrix organization, partnering with resources to achieve results through others, leveraging influence without authority.
- Organizational Capability
- Monitor key metrics via the HCA Tool, and communicate trends to CEC HR leaders.
- Serve as a key change leader and communication expert for initiatives that have significant associate impact.
- Create value through proactive approaches and processes that will affect performance outcomes or control costs.
- Provide data analysis (e.g. report generation and interpretation, trends and key metrics) to the VPHR, ADHRs, CEC senior leadership
- Manage the distribution of data and/or communications to site HR leaders and the above center team.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- PHR or SPHR certification is preferred.
- Five plus years of HR Generalist Leadership experience with a preference for multi-brand Marriott International or call center experience.
- Experience in a managerial role as an HR Specialist (staffing, talent development, organizational effectiveness, etc.) preferred.
- Lodging/hospitality industry knowledge strongly preferred.
- Familiarity operating at an above property level is desired.
- Strong organizational skills are essential.
- Strong process and project management skills – must be able to establish, convey, and systematically administer work processes across a diverse group of internal stakeholders.
- Strong consulting skills and ability to interface with senior business leaders.
- Advanced measurement skills related to assessment of information, initiatives and strategies.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to articulate and gain support from others.
- Advanced Microsoft Office application knowledge; including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to develop and maintain excellent interpersonal relationships within team, above center team members, business stakeholders, and corporate centers of excellence (COEs).
- Strong presentation skills required.
- Ability to work in a transaction-driven, deadline-driven environment to meet objectives of assignments.
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to work independently and be a strong team player on the broader team.
- Persistent to drive ideas; comfortable with complexity, ambiguity and change.
- Strong analytical ability to convert soft HR measurement in area of expertise to hard business metrics; make decisions using data and business knowledge.
- Trustworthy, strong business integrity, and ability to hold sensitive information in confidence.