Senior Director, Commercial Systems at Tricida
Senior Director, Commercial Systems
# of Openings: 1
Tricida, Inc., is a pharmaceutical company focused on the development and commercialization of its drug candidate, veverimer (also known as TRC101), a non-absorbed, orally-administered polymer designed to treat metabolic acidosis in patients with chronic kidney disease (CKD). Metabolic acidosis is a chronic condition commonly caused by CKD that is believed to accelerate the progression of CKD, increase the risk of muscle wasting and cause the loss of bone density.
Tricida’s New Drug Application (NDA) for veverimer is currently under review by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). The FDA has assigned a Prescription Drug User Fee Act (PDUFA) goal date of August 22, 2020.*
Tricida was founded in August 2013 by a seasoned management team that has extensive experience in the development and commercialization of therapeutics, with substantial expertise in developing polymers for the treatment of kidney-related diseases.
The Senior Director, Commercial Systems provides leadership to an organization responsible for strategic and tactical execution of all technology solutions for Tricida Commercial function and is responsible to ensure effective development and implementation of commercial systems in support of business strategies. Delivers agreed upon solutions on time, within scope, and consistent with agreed upon resource utilization. Provide systems development, maintenance and support services, and assure that solutions strategically fit Tricida Commercial and Business strategies.
The Senior Director will work with Departmental Heads to understand go-to-market strategies, identify ways that technology and data can make a remarkable impact, establish organizational alignment, and advocate for the development of new enterprise capabilities. He/she will eventually develop Business Relationship Managers with consulting level skills that have a deep understanding of the Pharmaceutical value chain and the challenges faced by the Tricida Commercial teams. This position will also oversee the portfolio of technology projects that benefits or impacts their stakeholders.
The Senior Director will also work with IT Project Manager(s) and Business Systems Analyst(s) who will pull-through and roll-out enterprise technology solutions to meet specific needs. They will liaison with technology centers of excellence, shared service centers, Marketing Agencies, and other Commercial partners to ensure resource plans and priorities are aligned to the business needs. He/she will establish mechanisms to ensure Tricida is getting the maximum value from available technology solutions ranging from Sales, Marketing, Analytics, Productivity, and Collaboration.
This position will lead a virtual organization of vendors and contractors. He/she will report directly to the ED, Operations.
- Strategy and Influence: Works with the Tricida Commercial Heads to understand go-to-market strategies, identify ways that technology and data can make a remarkable impact, and mobilizes cross-functional teams to realize the opportunities.
- Liaison and Relationship Building: Builds collaborative relationships and effectively interacts frequently with both business and/or technology senior leaders. Interactions range from strategic, project, and operational decisions. Interacts well with diverse groups within function and maintains strong working relationships with internal and external collaborators.
- Process Improvement and Optimization: Drives opportunities to improve business processes and/or effective budget utilization.
- Decisions and Policies: Makes key decisions that are guided by established strategies and priorities. Influences operating policies and procedures that affect Tricida Commercial. Interprets enterprise-wide policies, processes and procedures that may affect teams and workflow.
- Resource Management: Actively makes contributions to the development of the Commercial resource management strategy, sourcing strategy, training and development plans, and organizational structure.
- People Management: Manages a team(s) who have significant latitude and autonomy in their assignments. This will evolve from virtual vendor team(s) to internal in the future.
- Excellent Execution: Establish processes and controls to ensure teams under management deliver consistent, high-quality, cost-effective services while demonstrating best-in-class speed and agility.
- Impact: Make decisions that are long lasting and heavily influence the future course of the business and/or technology domain.
- Culture:Consistently demonstrate Working and Leadership Attributes including an enterprise mindset and people leadership. Effectively manages performance, provides timely feedback, appropriately rewards and recognizes valuable achievement, develops talent, and creates a succession pipeline. Understand and execute Tricida’s vision, goals and strategies. This role has accountability for the performance and results strategically important functions.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s Degree or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Information Technology leadership experience with 12-15 years of demonstrated success across a variety of business functions and commercial technology solutions (e.g. Veeva, Sales Force, Tableau/Qlikview, Adobe).
- Experience managing teams with a resource mix of managers, employees, matrixed teams, virtual teams, contractors and managed service providers.
- Experience managing a budget of at least $3 million.
Tricida is located in South San Francisco, CA.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!