Senior DevOps Engineer
Application Development, Information Technology
Can be remote in continental US latitude timezones (incl. Canada; North, Central, South America)
At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
The Red Hat Information Technology (IT) team is looking for an experienced Senior DevOps Engineer to help enhance our Drupal-based web platform. In this role, you will work with both internal and customer-facing software, refactoring, test automation, cloud based deployment scripting, and configuration management. You’ll need to be familiar with Linux and, ideally, have a knowledge of and experience with agile software development methodology. Successful applicants must reside in a state where Red Hat is registered to do business.
Primary job responsibilities
- Design, implement, and extend both internal and customer-facing software
- Ensure code quality through bug fixes, troubleshooting, refactoring, and test automation
- Collaborate with other developers across multiple teams and technologies for cross-team projects
- Contribute to the maintenance of continuous integration (CI) automation, deployment automation, and configuration management
- Work with business teams to connect technical solutions to business problems
- Knowledge of Linux system administration and Bash scripting; Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) or Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) certifications are a plus
- Experience with Linux, Apache, MySQL, and PHP (LAMP software bundle) and associated command line tools
- Experience with source control systems like Git, Apache Subversion (SVN), or similar
- Experience with a public or private cloud technologies like Amazon Web Services (AWS), Red Hat OpenStack Platform, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Microsoft Azure, etc. and preferably with AWS like Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), Amazon S3, Amazon Relational Database Service (Amazon RDS), or Amazon ElastiCache
- Experience with Puppet, Chef, Red Hat Ansible Automation, or similar
- Familiarity with concepts of CI, continuous deployment (CD), and Infrastructure-as-a-Code (IaaC) services
- Application development experience, especially with PHP, Python, or Ruby
- Experience supporting development tools, build automation servers like Jenkins, Red Hat Ansible Tower, GitLab CI, Travis CI, etc. and software packaging (RPM) and deployment automation
- Creative, motivated, and capable of working both on your own and as part of a distributed team
- Demonstrated ability to investigate and solve technical issues anywhere within a web application
- Prior participation in and being an active community member of open source software projects is a big plus
The following are considered a plus:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field; degree in an engineering or computer science field is preferred
- Experience using infrastructure monitoring tools like New Relic, Grafana, Splunk, Nagios, or similar
- Experience supporting virtual development environments in Red Hat Virtualization, KVM, or similar
- Agile software development methodology knowledge and experience
- Drupal content management system (CMS) development experience, including custom module
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.