Senior DevOps Engineer
PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT ENGINEERING
CareMessage is a non-profit dedicated to using mobile technology to improve healthcare outcomes for underserved patient populations. Since our patient engagement product launched in 2013, we have grown to work with over 200 healthcare organizations across the United States and have reached over 2 million lives.
Our web-based platform allows healthcare providers to reduce no-shows, increase attendance to preventive care screenings, and improve chronic disease management- all via simple “nudges” sent through text message. Besides improving the efficiency of the clinics that use our product, our impact has been shown through numerous clinical studies showing improvements in diabetes management and cancer screenings.
We have big goals in 2020: 1) Reach millions of patients on a monthly basis 2) Become profitable through a financially sustainable business model and 3) Build a diverse team that fully reflects the users it serves. We represent the next generation of healthcare technology organizations with an innovative product, business model, and remote-first organizational structure. Our long term goal is to impact healthcare outcomes globally.
To fund our growth we have raised over $21 million in funding from organizations like Google.org, William K. Bowes Jr. Foundation, Pershing Square Foundation, YCombinator, Schmidt Futures, Twilio.org, CVS Health Foundation, among others. In 2019 we became a remote-first company with ~50 people based across the United States and around the world.
Who we are looking for…
CareMessage is looking for a DevOps Engineer to help build and maintain our a large, highly scalable, cloud-based web platform that streamlines care management and delivers interactive mobile programs to improve health outcomes. You’ll be working on exciting projects like leading automation of our infrastructure, and creating a highly scalable and fault-tolerant platform. Our engineering team follows agile principles in a test driven development process. We are a remote first team that values open collaboration and shared ownership.
Please note that this position is only open to applicants within the United States.
Within one month, you will…
- Complete the walk-through of all of our infrastructure and have working familiarity with our current challenges with scalability and security
- Be self-sufficient in completing your tasks
- Begin to develop automated infrastructure setup scripts
Within two months, you will…
- Gain an understanding of the functional team structure (e.g. product lines, Project Leads, Product Managers, the features each team owns, etc)
- Gain familiarity with our disaster recovery procedures with a goal towards proficiency
- Be able to provide on-call support for your area
Within three months, you will…
- Develop solutions for monitoring, availability and reliability, performance, analytics and security
- Work on security enhancements and automation of repeated manual steps
- Ensure our 24x7x365 availability and recovery capabilities\
- Build and secure our multi-tenant environments: in software, process, and infrastructure
- Automate and deploy a self-scaling redundant infrastructure
- Create back-up mechanisms for production environments and test disaster recovery mechanisms
- Consult with engineering teams and assist them in using our services and solutions
- 5+ years of professional experience in Linux system administration and experience administering Linux in a virtualization environment
- 5+ years of professional experience with one or more development languages: We use Shell Scripting, Ruby, Python
- 1+ years of professional experience with software containers and kubernetes: We use Docker and Kubernetes
- Significant experience administering PostgreSQL, HAProxy, Nginx, Redis, and automation with Ansible
- Experience with cloud technologies such as Google Cloud, AWS etc: We use Google Cloud
- Proven ability to write clear, concise documentation
- Competitive salary
- Affordable health, dental and vision insurance for employees and their families
- Option to contribute to a Flexible Spending Account
- Paid life, short term and long term disability insurance
- 13 wellness days to be used for anything that comes up in life or self-care
- 15 days of PTO per year and 1-month paid sabbatical on the 4th year
- 13 paid company holidays, including a winter break
Sponsored annual membership to One Medical
Employee Assistance Program
Professional Development Budget
We are committed to equal opportunity and actively encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, military or veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, etc.