Senior DevOps Engineer at NetBase Quid
Senior DevOps Engineer
- Remote, US
As a Senior DevOps engineer for the Quid product you will build software and processes to enable engineers to self-service the operation of NetBase Quid at scale and support 24×7 operations. Our developers are your customers.
Your goal is to continuously assess and ease pain points of fellow engineers and of our Cloud infrastructure. We strive to allow developers to take an idea from their laptops through to production in the quickest yet safest way possible. In this role you will work on a wide range of problems and be exposed to many different technologies.
- Automate and document everything
- Build software, tools, and processes to allow our engineers to move fast without incident (e.g. deployment, containers, monitoring)
- Identify deficient technology in our Cloud infrastructure and find or write superior alternatives (e.g. security, orchestration, disaster recovery)
- Reduce firing up and provisioning clusters of servers and services to a single button press
- Hardening our security across the company to handle very sensitive data
- Establish and evangelize best development and security practices
- Distribute and support sane development environments with tools like Docker / Kubernetes
- Collaborate with product developers to solve complex problems under development or in production
- Conduct periodic on-call duties using a follow-the-sun model.
- 5-8+ years building professional grade DevOps Tools
- Thorough comfort with at least one programming language and experience with several
- Experience with at least one automated provisioning system ( Terraform, Ansible)
- Experience with CI/CD pipeline (Jenkins, Bitbucket, Nexus)
- Experience with Kubernetes and Helm Charts
- Experience with containers (Docker) and virtual machines
- Competency in a Linux environment
- Strong interest in an inward-facing (rather than product oriented) position
- Familiarity with many of the technologies behind modern day distributed web and data applications
- Nice to have: Security hardening experience
- Nice to have: Diverse project history ranging from very systems-oriented to very customer-facing
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!