Senior DevOps Engineer
SAN FRANCISCO OR REMOTE
The medical software industry is experiencing a revolution, and pMD is looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer who has the talent and drive to change it forever. You’ll have a huge impact on health care in America by using cutting-edge technology to change the way that physicians practice medicine.
Your engineering work will focus on using your deep knowledge of the web stack – including firewalls, web applications, caches and data stores – to create innovative infrastructure architectures that are resilient, scalable, and blazingly fast. You will bring best practices for automating the provisioning and patching of servers, replicating and versioning configuration changes, monitoring and alerting, deploying application and data store updates, and high availability / disaster recovery. You have a vision for how a best-in-the-world web application stack should run, and you’re excited to execute on that vision.
An engineer’s career at pMD is nothing like the stereotype of a programmer. In addition to brilliant technical work, it involves high-level decision making and an understanding of the business. Our team is small and collaborative, so you’ll experience rapid career growth through real mentorship. You’ll be a name (or a nickname) on the team and at social events, rather than Engineer #300.
At pMD you’ll wear many hats, have a lot of responsibility, and be part of a fun, smart, and creative team. We’re profitable, have extremely happy customers, and make up a team of people as talented and passionate as you are. We love what we do and care about doing good in the world. We strive to work like a beautifully engineered German car: fast, efficient, and fun.
- bring at least three years of focused, impactful experience with DevOps and web applications … plus a lifetime of curiosity
- work hard to find and fix performance and availability problems long before they impact any users
- sleep better at night when system configurations are well-documented, or better yet, self-documenting
- have worked with both bare metal servers and cloud computing services such as AWS
- are no stranger to configuration and monitoring tools such as Puppet, Chef, Jenkins, Splunk, NewRelic, etc.
- can figure out how to make data stores and caches such as MySQL, Redis, and Swift scalable and disaster resistant
- keep your finger on the pulse of emerging technologies and proactively bring new ideas to the team
- want to grow your career quickly and develop your leadership skills
- enjoy the challenge of executing multiple high-priority projects simultaneously
- feel equally at home building a continuous integration server and in a business strategy meeting
- are a small, driven team passionate about making a difference
- have a track record of success as a fast-growing private company. We’ve made the Inc. 5000 fastest growing company list for seven consecutive years, and in 2018 we made the SF Business Times Fast 100 fastest growing company list as well
- inhabit a beautiful building on San Francisco’s north waterfront
- love our work! Our employees rated us 5/5 on Glassdoor and we received “Best Place to Work” awards from SF Business Times, Modern Healthcare and Inc. Magazine
- love our customers – and they love us! We have roughly 1,000 glowing reviews on our website
- provide fun perks like happy hours, a dog-friendly environment and daily catered lunches
At pMD you can grow as quickly as you want to. Plus, you’ll be able to see the impact of your work immediately, and you’ll hear from our users how your efforts have improved their lives.