Senior Designer at Modern Tribe
Location: International, Anywhere; 100% Remote
Modern Tribe is looking for a talented, detail-oriented Senior Designer to join our team. Our projects involve creating large-scale digital design systems for high-profile clients across multiple industries – including higher education, sports, food and beverage, and more. We’re looking for experienced designers, comfortable working at any point in the design process. Our designers love research, ideate in low and high fidelity, and are comfortable reading and writing spec documents. Whether we’re designing applications, new products, or websites, our designers are focused on empowering users and achieving results.
The Senior Designer’s primary purpose is to fuel and drive creativity within the execution of a project. You will translate business needs and requirements into solutions by leveraging the creative process and the full capabilities of your team.
Modern Tribe is committed to a culture that embraces diversity and inclusion. We foster an environment of collaboration, open engagement, fairness and respect regardless of differences in age, race, disability, national origin, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status. As a hybrid workspace ranging from distributed contractors to traditional employees, we value the unique perspectives and experiences of our global team.
We come from all walks of life. We are small business owners. We are tattoo aficionados and 80’s movie buffs and ex-pats. We are homeschool teachers. We are single parents. We are musicians, college drop-outs, and entrepreneurs. We are travelers, feminists, runners, volunteers, and makers. We are a Modern Tribe.
Everyday we strive to fulfill our motto: live well and do good work. We hope you will consider joining us.
What You’ll Do
- Autonomously lead the creative process within a project, from discovery and design, into development and release
- Lead design execution across all phases of the project
- Design clear, functional user experiences and design systems, including producing wireframes, prototypes, and user interfaces/mockups using Figma.
- Support and lead any creative contributors on your team (design, content)
- Set the strategic and visual design direction, providing rationale behind design decisions
- Lead, support, or delegate the research into the client’s business, industry, and audiences to create and present concepts and recommendations in a compelling and impactful way to internal teams and senior level clients
- Partner with strategists, and competently channel them when they are not in a client meeting
- Be comfortable hosting client interviews and workshops to gain alignment and facilitate a collaborative environment.
- Run user interviews and testing of design concepts
- Speak to and present ideas and concepts to senior level clients, ensuring design terminology is translated and accessible to non-designers
- Advise and guide the implementation of ideas, including supporting the team and client for a successful release
- Partner with your Project Manager and Engineering Lead to:
- Build trusted relationships with our clients
- Translate ideas to creative concepts and executable plans, architecture and feature spec
- Ensure ideation and proposed solutions can be executed within budget and timeline constraints
- Plan and estimate any proposed changes in scope, budget or timeline
- Identify and propose new areas of opportunity
Above and beyond your individual talents, we’re looking for someone to join our team. We’re a very collaborative bunch, eager for transparency and feedback. The work we execute is the product of the team. If you’re excited about learning from others, and helping others – you’ll find a good home here.
What We’re Looking For
- A producer of smart and beautiful design, demonstrating a strong understanding of typography, color and layout
- Experienced in user interface design, UX design, product design, and the creative process
- Someone who takes a content-first, user-centric approach
- A competent, skilled, and independent designer who is great at communicating with both clients and the rest of your team
- Experienced with all phases across the design process, from discovery and design, into development and release
- Able to talk big ideas and concepts but also execute on IA, UX and edge cases
- Someone who has spent at least three years in a reasonably senior role at a digital agency or in-house in a digital design/strategy role
- An attention to detail, an eagerness to learn and grow, and excitement around designing digital experiences
- Strong communication skills
- Experience working as part of a remote team
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented
- Strong organizational skills
- A methodical approach to all tasks
- Ability to prioritize workloads and meet deadlines
- Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time and complete tasks in a timely manner
- Ability to work remotely with little-to-no supervision is a must
- Excited to be part of a team with the potential for a long term relationship
- Fluent English speaker
Work from anywhere in North, Central or South America. If your timezone is outside of US business hours but you work at least 4+ hours of overlap each day, let’s chat. You must be fluent in English. You just need a computer and a strong wifi signal to support daily video chats with the Tribe.
Pay range for this role is commensurate with experience. We are looking for a full time Senior Designer for this role.
We believe that distributed working is a way of life. We understand what it means to work remotely. We offer consistency in expectations, payment, and support. We believe in learning from each other and fostering personal growth. You can expect to learn a lot while working with us.
(Also, if you work enough with us, we’ll bring you on the team trips.)
Who We Are
Modern Tribe, Inc. is a rapidly growing software & design company. We develop custom solutions for some of the world’s largest companies, government institutions and smaller growing organizations. We pride ourselves on our ability to bridge people and technology and to bring the passion and dedication of an entrepreneur to every project. Our team is composed of talented employees and freelancers around North & South America (and a smattering across the globe).
Who You Are
We love working with each other because we have built a culture that suits us well. We work primarily with freelancers and coordinate their talents for large projects. To be on our team, you must be:
- HAPPY: Where there is a will, there is a way. Having a positive disposition allows us to achieve great things and to support each other.
- HELPFUL: Always looking for ways that you can help others.
- CURIOUS: It is essential that you have a passion for learning. Technology changes daily, and life has a way of constantly raising the bar.
- ACCOUNTABLE: Our clients expect us to get the right thing done on budget and on time. Communicating expectations and meeting them is the cornerstone of success.