Senior Design Systems Engineer at DISQO
Senior Design Systems Engineer (Remote – US)
Product Product Enterprise
DISQO is changing the way that the world’s largest brands, agencies and media companies get to know their customers. DISQO is the customer experience (CX) intelligence platform for understanding every customer experience. Businesses trust DISQO to power better decisions for every customer, touchpoint, and outcome. DISQO’s insights, agile testing and advertising measurement products are powered by millions of consumers on the industry’s largest opt-in consumer data platform.
We are looking to add a UI Design Systems Engineer to our team. The UI Design Systems Engineer will architect and build DISQO’s design system. Here at DISQO we are quickly scaling our products and teams and are in need of a robust and flexible design system. If you are passionate about building beautiful, easy to use, and accessible products we’d love to talk to you.
What you will do:
- Work with a Design System and DISQO engineering teams to build and maintain a flexible and scalable component library with cohesive documentation for all engineering teams at DISQO.
- Develop UI components using a variety of technologies including React and Web Components.
- Collaborate with the other members of scrum teams in product, tech, and design to ensure the component library meets their needs.
- Communicate change management with transparency and clarity to foster meaningful collaboration, awareness, and adoption of the design system.
- Evangelize the value of a design system for developers and product managers through great documentation and standardization of design system components.
- Create a culture of shipping regular, consistent, and incremental updates to the design system across design and development.
- Incorporate platform specific heuristics to keep our design system up-to-date with the latest standards and best practices.
- Build a process to capture, prioritize, and manage feedback requests to improve or add new capabilities to the design system.
- Participate in all cycles of software design and development
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and test automatization
What you’ll bring to the role:
- 2+ years of Data Visualization/Charting experience
- 1+ years of UI design system development
- Experience with source control management (Git/GitHub/GitLab)
- Experience with ES6+
- Experience with writing tests (E2E, Integration, Unit)
- Experience with Typescript
- Experience with LESS/SASS/CSS
- Experience utilizing REST APIs
- Comfortable with building UIs from Figma mockups
- Solid knowledge of the Design Patterns
- Fluent in English reading/writing/speaking
- Detail-oriented personality and a self-starter.
- Familiar with WCAG and/or Section 508
- Familiar with semantic HTML + WAI-ARIA
- Comfortable using a screen reader
- Can explain accessibility concepts
- Can identify accessibility issues in code and/or mockups
Perks & Benefits:
100% covered Medical/Dental/Vision for employee, 80% for dependents
Generous PTO policy
Flexible workplace policy
Paid Maternity/Paternity leave
Travel Assistance Program
24/7 Counseling Services offered to Employees
Access to personal and professional growth tools – Calm App & LinkedIn Learning
Note: The benefits noted above are for full time US based employees only.
DISQO is an equal opportunity employer. Discovery, innovation, and growth are possible when we open ourselves to new possibilities, perspectives, and approaches. That’s why, at DISQO, we welcome, support, and empower individuals from diverse backgrounds. Exceptional teams are rooted in extraordinary people, each with a unique story and a compelling set of skills. DISQO does not discriminate against employees based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, age, disability, pregnancy (including childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), genetic information, protected military or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
*Recruiting firms that submit resumes to DISQO without first entering into a written contract will not be entitled to any compensation on candidates referred by that firm.