Senior Data Scientist – Search Relevance at LexisNexis
Senior Data Scientist- Search Relevance
- Raleigh, NC
This is a remote position that may be located anywhere in the United States.
LexisNexis is dedicated to advancing the rule of law around the world, which is vital for building peace and prosperity in all societies. To accomplish this noble goal, LexisNexis is transforming legal research globally. Our search index contains more than 81 billion richly annotated legal documents, creating an unprecedented legal knowledge graph. Our technology changes how lawyers practice law by providing fast and relevant access to their most difficult questions.
The Search Relevance Solutions Architect will be dedicated to the creation next-generation search relevance techniques and strategies for LexisNexis, dramatically improving how our users search and find the answers to their legal questions. We are looking for someone who can bring their own perspective on how to solve a variety of internal and external opportunities. We expect this person to be versatile, display leadership qualities, and be enthusiastic to tackle new problems across the full stack as we continue to push technology forward.
Specific skills required:
- Expertise in tuning the relevance of search results, particularly rich experience on using machine learning to improve search relevancy, such as LTR, etc.
- Knowledge of traditional machine learning algorithm and techniques, including but not limited to TF-IDF, n-gram, SVM & LSI.
- Experience with NLP technologies & the handling of unstructured text; Expertise in at least 1 of the following: Sentiment Analysis, Entity Extraction, Query Intent & Natural Language Understanding (NLU);
- Knowledge of modern deep learning approaches to NLP, including but not limited to word2vec, seq2seq & FastText
- Strong hands-on skills in SOLR/Elastic/other equivalent search engine search querying and indexing supporting web applications
- Strong Python programming skills. Hands on Python experience on textual data analytics is a plus
- Ability to write high performance production quality code
- Experience building and debugging distributed systems.
- Strong capability to articulate technical solutions and rationales to both technical team and business team
- Has contributed to open source or internal projects.
- B.S., M.S., or PhD. in Computer Science or just an amazing amount of basement coding history.
Our LexisNexis Values:
- Boundarylessness: We embrace the global nature of our business and encourage people to work collaboratively across business units, hierarchy and functions.
- Customer focus: We have a passion for understanding and exceeding our customers’ expectations.
- Innovation: We constantly look for new ideas and value out-of-the-box thinking.
- Passion for winning: We are a high-energy, fast-moving, decisive organization, determined to outperform the competition.
- Valuing our people: We put the highest priority on recruiting, developing and retaining outstanding people.
LexisNexis Legal & Professional (www.lexisnexis.com) is a leading global provider of content and technology solutions that enable professionals in legal, corporate, tax, government, academic and non-profit organizations to make informed decisions and achieve better business outcomes. As a digital pioneer, the company was the first to bring legal and business information online with its Lexis and Nexis services. Today, LexisNexis Legal & Professional harnesses leading-edge technology and world-class content, to help professionals work in faster, easier and more effective ways. Through close collaboration with its customers, the company ensures organizations can leverage its solutions to reduce risk, improve productivity, increase profitability and grow their business. Part of RELX Group plc, LexisNexis Legal & Professional serves customers in more than 100 countries with 10,000 employees worldwide.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!