Senior Data Scientist – Fraud Analytics at MITRE
Title: Senior Data Scientist – Fraud Analytics
Location: VA-McLean or Remote
MITRE’s Data Analytics Department is seeking a Senior Data Scientist with extensive fraud analytics experience. The successful candidate will become a member of the Identity Theft Tax Refund Fraud Information Sharing and Analysis Center (ISAC) Data Analytics Team which is known for their agility and speed in responding to the ever-changing needs and requirements for fighting identity theft in the tax system. The Analytics Team is responsible for evolving the analytics capabilities with the IRS and the ISAC partners in industry and the states. In this position, the ideal candidate will work as a bridge with the data analytics team and the ISAC analytics Community of Practice to gather analytics requirements and train community members in fraud analytics techniques. While the immediate need is for the ISAC program, the selected candidate will have the opportunity to work a wide variety of data analytics and fraud efforts across the MITRE sponsor base.
The successful candidate for this position is an experienced data scientist who combines a solid technical background with the ability to formulate problems, develop and evaluate solutions, and communicate results. Experience with advanced analytic techniques and methods (e.g., supervised and unsupervised machine learning, data visualization) as well as hands-on software development skills are a must. Our organization values innovation and lifelong learning and believes that in today’s fast-paced technological environment keeping up with the latest research and technologies is an essential part of working in this field.
The successful candidate will have:
- Expertise in a variety of analytic techniques to tackle customer fraud analytics challenges to include machine learning, statistical models, predictive analytics, risk analysis, and data visualization
- Fraud expertise that enables the identification of suspicious activity in individual and business tax returns and provides insight into ongoing identity theft schemes.
- Deep expertise in performing exploratory analysis to identify potentially suspicious patterns and trends in identity theft
- Ability to translate analytic results, especially patterns and trends found in identity theft data, into usable insights by stakeholders
- Knowledge of the tax community especially relating to the IRS Security Summit is a significant plus
- Experience gathering requirements from external stakeholders to shape future fraud analytics
- Strong presentation skills for analytic training activities, to include presentations at community meetings and conferences
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer Science, Data Science, or similar field.
- Specialization in fraud analytics or related job experience
- Demonstrated technical leadership
- Customer-facing experience
- Active IRS MBI
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Eligible for Secret clearance
- 5 years’ experience with fraud analytics, data analysis and programming languages such as Python and C , as well as familiarity with machine learning frameworks.
Job SW Eng, Comp Sci & Mathematics
Primary Location United States-Virginia-McLean
Other Locations United States-Teleworker
This requisition requires a clearance of Suitability – IRS
Travel Yes, 10 % of the Time
Req ID: 00055686
MITRE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. MITRE recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of age, color, race, disability, marital status, national and ethnic origin, political affiliation, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, family medical or genetic information, and other protected status.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!