Senior Data Scientist, Engineering at Eventbrite
Senior Data Scientist, Engineering
- Remote, United States
Eventbrite has the world’s largest data repository of live events, powering millions of events and hundreds of millions of ticket transactions each year in 170+ countries. You will play a key role in unlocking insights that can drive growth in these unprecedented times.
The Data Strategy Organization is a cross-functional group of Data Engineers, Scientists, and Analysts who collectively build and maintain data assets for the world’s largest collection of live events. The core data science team works closely with product, marketing, engineering, and sales to develop new data assets and models to improve our operational efficiencies as well as to build new data products to grow our competitive advantage and in turn, revenue.
We are looking for an experienced, inquisitive, and capable senior data scientist who exhibits exceptional technical know-how and strong business sense to join our team. As a member of this team, you will have an opportunity to work with passionate and resourceful data scientists in a dynamic environment. You will:
- Explore our large dataset to extract meaningful insights to identify opportunities for data-driven product development
- Explore various approaches, train models, create working prototypes, collect feedback, and iterate
- Collaborate with engineering teams to turn your models into production software at scale, deploy and monitor their performance
- Collaborate with product managers to design the most suitable machine learning solution to their problems
- Cultivate strong relationships with leaders and be willing to assume ownership and the drive to challenge existing ideas
- 4+ years of hands-on technical experience in a data science, machine learning engineer, or equivalent role
- Proficiency in SQL, Python and familiarity with standard machine learning and data processing packages
- Experience in code optimization, deployment, and monitoring production machine learning models
- Expert knowledge of machine learning, applied statistics, and A/B testing
- Strong communication and collaboration skills with team members and cross functional product partners
- Track record of leading successful cross functional projects
- Master’s or Ph.D. degree in Statistics, Operations Research, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics or a related field
- Experience with a deep learning framework
- Experience with two sided marketplaces
- Experience with recommendation systems
- Experience with AWS (DynamoDB, SageMaker) or equivalent
- Experience with Airflow
WHAT WE OFFER
At Eventbrite, we strive to support our Britelings and their loved ones through different stages of life with robust and attractive benefits, financial and physical wellness options, and great perks.
In addition to offering a competitive salary and company stock, we have other great benefits available. In the Briteland, you’ll find great medical plans, fertility and adoption benefits, wellness reimbursement, generous parental leave, on-site services, and much more.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!