Senior Data Scientist – Consumer Behavior at Wish
Title: Senior Data Scientist, Consumer Behavior
- Location: San Francisco, California or Remote
- Employees can work remotely
Wish is a mobile e-commerce platform that flips traditional shopping on its head. We connect hundreds of millions of people with the widest selection of delightful, surprising, andmost importantlyaffordable products delivered directly to their doors. Each day on Wish, millions of customers in more than 160 countries around the world discover new products. For our over 1 million merchant partners, anyone with a good idea and a mobile phone can instantly tap into a global market.
We’re fueled by creating unique products and experiences that give people access to a new type of commerce, where all are welcome. If you’ve been searching for a supportive environment to chase your curiosity and use data to investigate the questions that matter most to you, this is the place.
At Wish, our Data Science & Engineering team is composed of Data Scientists, Data Analysts & Data Engineers who focus on centralizing corporate data in order to gain insights, knowledge and scalability, that empower a proactive and rigorous analysis of key business indicators. Our mission is to derive wisdom from data via the application of Data Science.
Wish has exciting opportunities for talented Data Scientists on our Buyer Side (Product) data science team. This is a unique opportunity to experiment with a 500 million strong consumer base that draws 100+ million MAU. Successful candidates will have extensive backgrounds in quantitative fields and significant experience with experiment design and execution at scale.
We have the following exciting REMOTE US/Canada opportunity within the Data Science team:
What you’ll be doing:
- Proactively develop insights and models to help us understand user behavior, identify opportunities and make better product decisions.
- Lead the design, analysis, and interpretation of experiments that shape decision-making across the company
- Propose, test and implement new experimentation methodologies, causal-inference approaches that can sharpen our product decision-making process.
- Research, identify and implement new frameworks to better measure success of our products and shape our strategy
- Mentor junior data scientists on how to use more advanced methods and solve business problems
- Advanced degree in a quantitative field.
- A minimum of 5 years of Data Science experience in technology or research industry.
- Proficient in Python or R
- Deep statistical skills utilized in A/B testing, analyzing observational data, and modeling
- An advanced ability to translate business questions into analysis and experiments that yield business insights and shape the company strategy
- Demonstrated track record of successful projects in applying quantitative techniques to improve a product or business.
- 7+ years work experience in technology or research industry.
- Domain expert in one of the fields: statistics, machine learning, optimization, and economics.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!