Senior Data Scientist at Greenhouse Software
Please note income information is provided for Colorado residents only, and the employer is open to candidates from other areas. Please inquire with the employer.
Title: Senior Data Scientist
- Location: Anywhere in the United States
We believe in the power of hiring. Because the potential for people to do something outstanding has everything to do with being in the right role, on the right team, at the right time. That’s where Greenhouse comes in from recruiting to on-boarding, we make software to help every company be great at hiring.
Greenhouse is looking for a Senior Data Scientist to join our team!
Greenhouse’s Data Science team works with groups across the organization to help further data-informed decision making for both internal stakeholders and our customers. As a Data Scientist primarily focused on product analytics, you will be embedded with one to two product engineering teams to champion strategic use of data across our product development lifecycle. You will work in collaboration with Product Managers, Product Designers, and Engineers on a wide variety of analytics work, including designing and executing experiments, prioritizing features, proactively identifying opportunities, and conducting analyses to help us better understand the needs of our customers and their candidates.
Working on a team of about five data scientists within our cross-functional Research & Development department, you will have autonomy and the ability to function as a generalist, contributing to a wide range of initiatives and owning projects end-to-end.
Who will love this job
- A generalist, who has experience and the ability to perform a wide variety of data science and analytics tasks and tackle problems across different domains
- A collaborator, who is excited to work across multiple verticals in the organization and act as a catalyst for change
- An excellent communicator, who is able to explain technical concepts clearly and effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences
- A self-starter, who finds clarity within ambiguity and takes initiative in looking for new ways to generate value
What you’ll do
- Design and build dashboards, reports, and internal tools
- Work within our data warehouse (Amazon Redshift) in collaboration with Data Engineering to generate views that support analyses and data products
- Partner with stakeholders to optimize their products and workflows and elevate their use of data in decision-making
- Serve as a thought partner for our growing Business Analytics function
- Bolster our data request support process by building robust solutions for internal customers
You should have
- Experience using data analytics to answer business questions
- A deep understanding of SQL and Python (particularly the Pandas library), or experience with R and an interest in using Python
- Ability to communicate complex or ambiguous concepts to a variety of stakeholders
- Familiarity with statistics beyond basic aggregations, Bayesian knowledge is a plus
- Experience with BI/Data Visualization tools, e.g., Mode Analytics, nice to have
- Machine Learning model development, nice to have
- A/B testing experience, nice to have
- Your own unique talents! If you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, tell us why you’d be a great fit for this role in your cover letter
- The ranges provided below are for Colorado-based hires only and will be commensurate with candidate experience. Pay ranges for candidates in other locations other than CO may differ based on the cost of labor in that location. Pay range: $100,000-$175,000.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!