Senior Data Scientist at Attentive Mobile
Senior Data Scientist
- REMOTE – US
- DATA SCIENCE
Attentive is a personalized text messaging platform changing the way consumers interact with businesses and organizations. The company is one of the fastest-growing startups in New York City and recently raised a $470 million Series E investment led by Coatue in March 2021. Other investors in Attentive include Bain Capital Ventures, Sequoia, IVP.
We work with 3,000+ of the most innovative brands like Coach, Urban Outfitters, CB2, Pura Vida, Lulus, and Jack in the Box. Attentive was founded in 2016 by the co-founders of TapCommerce, a mobile marketing platform that was acquired by Twitter in 2014.
Data Science @ Attentive
Our vision for Attentive’s data science organization is to be a product-centric source of innovation. Data science at Attentive will partner closely with our Data & ML team, and our Product team to drive meaningful customer outcomes.
- Data science at Attentive bridges the gap between business outcomes, product, and machine learning – we have a vast and high-velocity dataset from thousands of customers (10’s of terabytes) that we have accumulated in the past few years and we are now making use of this data and crafting ML-based products to deliver personalized experiences, optimized workflows, and other product innovation throughout the team.
- Setting up a long-term source of data-informed product innovation is critical to our success. Our data science organization will be central to:
- Make testing the default throughout our internal and customer-facing products,
- Establish low-cost and repeatable approaches to testing new tools, technologies, and techniques, and
- Develop a reliable and persuasive narrative to advocate for effective use of data throughout the organization
You @ Attentive
- You have worked professionally as a data scientist for 4+ years with experience on a single product long enough to see the impact of early decisions
- You will collaborate with our data & ML team to define appropriate data organization and standards (ex: create and optimize data pipelines, train and rotate ML models in production, and set up systems to manage recurring jobs)
- You will collaborate with our product organization, working closely within our existing sprint processes (design, spike, and deliver production-ready features for customers)
- You will collaborate with our analytics team to establish repeatable reporting processes for internal tools and customer-facing reports (ex: billing, message performance metrics, historical spend and performance trends)
- You will be the founding member of our data science team, and are excited to help craft processes and early data science strategy
Attentive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to diversity and maintaining a work environment that is free from harassment and discrimination. We’re committed to them because our core values demand it – values like Integrity First, Listening & Cultivating Discussion, and Default to Action. We believe in embracing “self” and that our true strength lies in the diversity of our employees. For this reason, applicants from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any protected status under federal, state, or local law.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!