Senior Data Scientist at Giving Assistant
Title: Senior Data Scientist
- Location: US National
- REMOTE / ENGINEERING – DATA / FULL TIME
We’re searching for a Data Scientist to help guide the growth of our Engineering team. This role will be key in providing actionable data for Giving Assistant’s suite of products and platforms.
Our business is growing rapidly and presents unique, evolving challenges. You should thrive in a fast paced environment and be enthusiastic to work in a team of mission-driven innovators.
Mission: To Transform Shopping into a Sustainable Source of Giving
Giving Assistant is on a mission to make giving back as much a part of shopping as saving money is. We believe in the generosity of people, and that every person also loves to save. We’re giving them an easy place to have both. Shoppers can save money with cash back and coupon codes at over 3,000 online brands. Then, they have the option to donate a portion of their cash back earnings to any one of 1.6 million 501(c)3 nonprofit and charitable organizations in the U.S.
We also offer a free, convenient browser button that makes it easy for you to save and give back wherever you shop. That button automatically loads the latest promo codes, so you don’t have to search for deals. We are a mission driven, Certified B Corporation with plans to have a global impact.
Giving Assistant gives people a single loyalty program to save money shopping online at their favorite major retailers, and encourages them to transform their savings into charitable action by streamlining charitable cashback donations. We also offer a free, convenient browser button that makes it easy for you to save and give back wherever you shop. That button automatically loads the latest promo codes, so you don’t have to search for deals.
What we believe:
We believe in the generosity of people, and that every person also loves to save money. We’re giving them an easy place to have both. To help nonprofit organizations, Giving Assistant taps into the reliability and power of e-commerce shopping—increasing donations and engagement.
- GiveEmpower change through giving: We lead with generosity and believe giving should be second nature.
- EmbraceDo more together: We accomplish more when we work together and promote a diverse and equitable environment.
- ElevateUplift our community: We strive to improve the lives and experiences of our team and partners while advancing innovation.
- ExemplifyAct with purpose: We are accountable for our work, our company’s impact, and for making decisions that uphold our mission.
- Collaborate with business teams to develop production-grade machine learning models on large-scale datasets and improve customers’ overall experience
- Advise on data science resources and mentor junior data team
- Enhance and apply customer lifetime value models to support various business decision making
- Apply machine learning to enhance inventory quality, recommendation engines and deliver personalized user experience and loyalty on givingassistant.org
- Build model and algorithms to help identify fraud and automatically protect against it
- Build models and algorithms to fuel growth initiatives for Digital, Marketing and Loyalty
- Scale-up prototypes and implement reliable automated production workflow for models
- Collaborate with software development engineers to integrate models
- 5+ years of e-commerce industry experience in applying data science and modeling methodologies
- 5+ years of experience and proficiency in SQL, Python and/or Spark-ML
- 5+ years of transforming data, mining structured and unstructured data.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in building data science solutions and production-ready systems on big data platforms such as Snowflake, Spark, Hadoop
- Ability to write production-level code in Python
- Hands-on experience building e-commerce platforms
- Masters or Ph.D. degree in a quantitative discipline: Computer Science, Engineering, Data Science, Math, Statistics or related fields
- Hands-on experience with regression models, clustering, NLP, recommendation algorithms, deep learning algorithms, experimental design (Multivariate/A-B testing), etc.
- Experience with Snowflake, AWS ML is a strong plus
- Hands-on experience leading and mentoring junior employees
This role is open to Remote employees in the US only
- Giving Assistant has a competitive compensation plan that includes: A competitive salary that factors location in and experience, Stock options, Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance, Unlimited Paid Time Off, Paid parental leave, Stipend for continuing education
- Have a measurable positive impact on society.
- Pre-tax commuter, dependent care, and health FSAs, Employer-sponsored 401K, quarterly company volunteer activities
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!