Senior Data Scientist at Medix
Title: Sr. Data Scientist
Location: Rockville Maryland United States or Remote
Medix is currently seeking a Senior Data Scientist for an exciting contract/ contract to hire job opportunity with one of our top Pharmaceutical clients, located in North Bethesda, MD.
Please note that while our client is based in the DC Metro area, talent will have the ability to work remotely 100% of the time.
This role is for an experienced (3+ year)Data Scientist, with prior experience in / knowledge of Supply Chain Analysis. Experience in the pharmaceutical industry would be a plus, but is not required.
ABOUT OUR CLIENT / ABOUT THIS POSITION
Our client is a global healthcare leader, with more than 200 years in the industry! They are best known for their oversight and quality control standards on a wide range of pharmaceutical drugs, food ingredients, and even dietary supplements. They are currently seeking a Data Scientist to help lead a large program dedicated to the global pharmaceutical supply chain.
- Working as an established / experienced member of a Data Strategy and Applied Analytics team to help improve the efficiency of the global pharmaceutical supply chain market.
- Partnering closely with data engineers and the team of data scientists
- Taking an individual lead on complex analytics projects using advanced data science and statistical techniques
- Gathering and building data sets using a variety of subscription and public source data to scrape from
- Working extensively with SQL, R and Python to extract data
- Working to standardize and improve the quality of the data
- Later in the assignment, the role will focus more on creating data science outputs from the compiled data sets – which will be used by customers in a live, production environment.
- This will include designing and developing complex supply chain models, incorporating customer outputs and insights with predictive analytics, predictive modeling, and machine learning approaches.
- Using data visualization software as needed to effectively communicate data outcomes and recommendations to senior leadership (using Tableau, PowerBI, Shiny, or similar tools)
- Tracking changes in Git.
- Effectively communicating recommendations to senior leadership
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Required Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, MIS or a similar STEM field
- Required 3+ years professional experience
- Required Supply Chain knowledge
- Expertise in Data Science – statistical modeling, predictability modeling, applied analysis.
- Advanced SQL experience
- Advanced Python Experience
- Advanced R experience
- Advanced SAS, STAT or other statistical analysis tools
- Intermediate to Advanced experience with Data Visualization software (Tableau, PowerBI, Qlik, Shiny, etc)
Work Location: 100% Remote
Duration: 12 Months
Hourly Rate: $55 – $60 / hour W2
Benefits: As a W2 employee of Medix, you will have the eligibility to participate in our talent benefits program, which includes Major Medical PPO Insurance, Dental/Vision insurance, Life & Disability Insurance, accrued paid time off and a 401K retirement plan with Medix matching.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!