Senior Data Engineer at Slync.io
Senior Data Engineer
- United States
- Full Time
- Information Technology
- Slync.io is an intelligent logistics operating platform that delivers Logistics Orchestration to transform the way shippers, logistics service providers, and carriers manage global operational issues and multi-enterprise data.
- An API-first platform, Slync.io connects disparate systems, ingests structured and unstructured datasets, orchestrates teams, and automates processes seamlessly together for multi-enterprise transparency and frictionless collaboration for your end-to-end logistics network.
- Slync.io is proud to support users across four continents.
- Slync.io is Intelligent Automation for Global Logistics.
- We are a dynamic, agile, and driven group of problem solvers that deliver unparalleled results for our customers by solving critical challenges in the lives of daily logistics operators.
- Our team comes from all over the world, from other successful startups, big tech companies, and supply chain consulting leaders.
- Our core team of engineers are ex-Salesforce technologists who were instrumental in building their top products.
- We’re looking for motivated and exceptional people to join us on our exciting journey to revolutionize the logistics software industry.
- Slync.io is headquartered in San Francisco.
- Our main office is located in a beautiful downtown FIDI location, near SalesForce Park, only a block from the Ferry Building, close to BART, Caltrain, and surrounded by great places to eat!
- Slync.io was named “Best in Show” at Transparency ’18, transportation and logistics conference.
- Slync.io is a proud member of the 2018 SAP.io Foundry, 2019 Member of Plug and Play accelerator network globally, a 2020 Member of the Retail Industry Leaders Startup Network and home to three 2020 Supply Chain Pro to Knows. See for yourself what else Slync.io has been up to – https://www.slync.io/blog#news.
- Data Engineer will have the opportunity to work across the entire business.
- You’ll be at the forefront of building scalable solutions, systems for a product, engineering, marketing, and customer support to handle the high volume of that we collect.
- The primary focus will be on choosing optimal solutions for various data sets and integrating them into Sync Platform.
- Design, build and integrate new cutting edge databases and data warehouses, develop new data schemas and figure out new innovative ways of storing, integrating, and representing our data.
- Research, architect, build and test robust, highly available and massively scalable systems, software, and services.
- Contribute to the AI/Machine Learning integration process and platform.
- Contribute to the core design of data architecture, data models and schemas, and implementation plan.
- Optimize and execute requests to pull, analyze, interpret and visualize data.
- Design and develop a new framework and automation tools to enable teams to consume and understand data faster.
- You have a high sense of urgency to deliver projects as well as troubleshoot and fix data queries/ issues.
- You are always on the lookout to automate and improve existing data processes for quicker turnaround and high productivity.
- Will run ETL processes on a large scale sensitive datasets.
- Be prepared for changes in business direction and understand when to adjust designs.
- Design, develop and document database objects with the best architectural principles and patterns.
- Collaborate on data visualization efforts to drive insights for the business
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent/related degree.
- At least 2 years of professional experience with SQL.
- Strong skills working with very large data sets with a variety of tools; experience in dealing with performance and scaling issues.
- 2+ years of development experience using AWS and/or GCP.
- 2+ years of Python development experience working with third-party APIs and building custom ETL packages.
- Experience in data visualization software (e.g. Tableau, Einstein Analytics).
- Experience in statistical modeling a plus.
- Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
- Experience working with Flask or Django building web frameworks in python.
- Ability to work effectively in an unstructured and fast-paced environment both independently and in a team setting, with a high degree of self-management.
- Ability to prioritize and execute multiple tasks in a highly dynamic environment with a results-oriented mindset
- Slync.io is excited to offer full-time roles with a competitive base salary, early-stage equity, comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance as well as pre-tax flexible spending accounts for transportation commuter benefits.
- We also host team-building activities and provide a great environment to accelerate your career.
- Slync.io is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
- Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization. Slync.io is an e-Verify company.
- Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
- Slync.io is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!