Senior Data Engineer at Knotch
Senior Data Engineer
- REMOTE – US
- ENGINEERING – DATA ENGINEERING
Knotch is the Content Intelligence Platform that enables communications and marketing teams to measure, understand, and optimize content ROI across their digital efforts. Some of the world’s largest brands such as JP Morgan Chase, Salesforce, AT&T, and Deloitte trust us to help them own their voice online, and we allow their customers to own theirs as well. This transparency and empowerment helps these communications become truly worthwhile for both creators and audiences. For more on Knotch’s products, visit our website.
We’re proud of our team
We’ve been building our products since 2013, and our team has grown in size and in spirit. We recently ranked in the top 12% of fastest growing companies in America by Inc! Since the Covid-19 pandemic we’ve become remote-first, and we plan to stay that way. A flexible environment leads to a happy team as we’ve been named a Best Place to Work three years running by Built In NYC. If you’d like to speak with our recruiting team about the future of Knotch, feel free to connect with us on LinkedIn and learn about us further on our careers site.
The Senior Data Engineer Role
As Knotch’s Sr. Data Engineer, you will be responsible for solving a variety of challenges with data including: orchestrating the integration of data from internal and third party sources and proactively solving architecture and programming challenges that are required to support growth of our fast-growing data needs. You will work closely with and report directly to our Principal Data Engineer, Shane Jiang.
How you’ll add value at Knotch
- Design, build and launch new ETL/ELT processes in production
- Build efficient data pipelines that transform raw data into a format usable by downstream applications that serve both analytical and operational use cases
- Support existing processes running in production
- Partner with Product and Engineering teams (including offshore teams) to solve problems and identify data trends and opportunities
- Build data expertise and own data quality for allocated areas of ownership
- Mentor junior team members in engineering
You’ll be successful here if you bring
- BS/BA in a technical field such as Computer Science or Mathematics
- 5+ years of professional experience in data engineering
- Proficiency in Python, Airflow, Spark and other big data tools
- Experience in custom ETL design, implementation and maintenance
- Excellent knowledge on SQL/NoSQL, data modeling and patterns
- An ability to analyze data to identify deliverables, gaps and inconsistencies
- Familiarity with AWS Redshift, DynamoDB, SNS/SQS, ECS/EKS, Lambda, etc
We also appreciate experience with (but don’t require)
- REST APIs and GraphQL APIs
- Experience with devops tools such as Terraform, CloudFormation
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!