Senior Data Engineer at RetailMeNot
Senior Data Engineer, RxSaver
- REMOTE (US)
- ENGINEERING – RX SAVER
We are RxSaver – a team that is passionate about helping people save money on prescription medicines and other healthcare costs. We work with pharmacies and providers across the nation to find the best deals and options for our community including prescription discount cards, coupons, Rx assistance programs and more.
Are you someone who wants to know their work is having a genuine impact on the quality-of-life for millions of people? Are you energized by collaborating with other engineers and product partners to find creative solutions to challenging problems? Do you enjoy mentoring junior engineers to help them grow their career? If so, we need a skilled Senior Software Engineer like you to join our team.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent STEM field, or equivalent work experience
- You have at least 5 years of professional software experience
- You are experienced in automating and maintaining data workflows and data warehousing
- You are proficient with server-side technologies such as JVM languages (Kotlin is a plus), NodeJS and Python
- You have extensive experience with both relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Postgres and a variety of DB technologies. Experience with Kafka or other data streaming technologies is a plus.
- You have experience developing on Cloud platforms such as GCP
- You champion agile development and XP practices such as CI/CD and pair programming
- You have operated and supported services that you’ve helped develop, automating telemetry and mitigations when possible
- You have a track record of delivering successful solutions and collaborating with others
- You bring a deep understanding and application of computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, and design patterns
What You’ll Do:
- You will contribute to and lead the execution of key data initiatives including our pricing intelligence platform and simplifying drug concepts, all driving improvements to our customer experience
- You will partner with business stakeholders to unlock data insights to inform critical business decisions
- You will help define and build out our data platform and capabilities from the ground up
- You will help operate and support the services and systems that the team develops
- You will investigate new technologies and tools and recommend those that best fit the team and organization
- You will identify and execute on opportunities to improve the stability and maintainability of our services
- You will coach and influence team members on best practices and emerging technologies
- We’re a small team that celebrates breadth of contribution by all team members
- A team with lots of experience to work with, teach and learn from
- We work on large scale challenges, always evaluating and evolving our technology choices
- We strive to stay true to our stated values
- We believe in celebrating achievement through prizes, bonuses and peer recognition programs
- Our perks include an open vacation policy, flexible work arrangements that allow us to do our best work regardless of location and cell phone and fitness reimbursement
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!