Senior Data Engineer at BrandYourself
Senior Data Engineer
Remote, United States
HelloPrivacy helps millions of people clean up, protect and improve their online privacy & reputation. Our Privacy API allows enterprises across industries like identity protection, fintech, banking, antivirus and cybersecurity to add powerful privacy features to their own offerings through our scalable, industry-leading Privacy APIs and white label partner solutions. We have successfully launched the Privacy API which removes consumer personal information from the web with a number of Fortune 500 partners in just the past few months!
Our consumer brand, BrandYourself.com, has helped millions of consumers protect their online reputation and has been featured on ABC’s Shark Tank, BBC’s Dragons’ Den and numerous other media outlets.
This is an opportunity to join a fast-growing, profitable, venture-backed company in a rapidly expanding market in a highly-impactful position, with the opportunity to work on scalable, enterprise solutions or consumer facing products.
To learn more about the company visit: https://helloprivacy.com/about
Who We Are
Join a talented technology group managing a team of engineers who are working on the industry-changing Privacy API with Fortune 500 enterprise partners and building new products within the privacy space. We are focused on building out major scale and expanding our product offerings as we build out leadership within technology. Our culture is built upon friendliness and a strong sense of ownership. We are a fully remote engineering team so don’t hesitate to apply from anywhere within the US. Join us in the fun!
We’re looking for a Senior Data Engineer to join our dynamic technology department. This role will focus on working on everything data! This important work will align with the execution of our API & SaaS roadmaps. This position will be fully Remote but we do have a NYC office that is available for use.
This is an opportunity to join a fast-growing, profitable venture-backed company in a rapidly expanding market in a highly-impactful position. You will work with technologies such as Python, Node JS, Athena, DynamoDB, Couchbase, and many more!
We offer competitive salary, equity, health care, and 401k matching!
- Own your work from technical design, development, testing, maintaining and documenting
- Collaborate with the Product, Business Development, and Engineering teams to solve data related business & technical challenges in simple, sustainable ways
- You’ve been in a data engineer role for 5+ years
- You are a swiss army of data and can code around any data request.
- You have an understanding of Python or applicable data processing languages.
- You have a firm grasp on Agile software development methodologies
- You have an understanding of NoSQL and SQL data stores such as Postgres, DynamoDB, and others.
- You understand ETL and data pipeline principles connecting to various data sources such as a Data Lake & Reporting Systems.
- You possess exceptional work ethic & attention to detail
- You have excellent communication & interpersonal skills
- You enjoy working collaboratively within a distributed team
Nice to Have
- You have a base understanding of large scale data processing such as Spark
- You have an understanding of query engines and can write code in related languages such as SQL.