Senior Curriculum Developer at App Academy
Senior Curriculum Developer
EDUCATION – INSTRUCTION
App Academy is building world-class training programs that help students from all backgrounds transition into careers in tech. In 2019, we were named one of the top coding bootcamps in the world. We have been profiled in The Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Bloomberg as a driving force behind the changing face of tech education in America. Our unique model — we defer tuition until our students graduate and secure jobs afterwards — aligns us with the success of our students.
In order to expand our reach to students across different geographies, we are now expanding our offerings to include full time online courses. Our core online offering is a 24-week immersive coding and job search program that trains full-stack web developers.
Join us on our mission to empower people to transform their lives.
About the Role
The Senior Curriculum Developer is a hands on contributor accountable for the successful design, creation, and maintenance of App Academy’s key asset: its curriculum.
As a Senior Curriculum Developer, you’ll be responsible for mentoring the curriculum development team, designing curricula from a higher level, and innovating teaching media. In collaboration with the development team, you will create world class content including articles, interactive projects, video lectures and assessments that achieve the company’s goals of efficiently training new engineers to excel as full time software engineers. The ideal candidate will utilize both their professional engineering experience and their ongoing research of evolving industry best practices to create content that serves a diverse population of learners. The Senior Curriculum Developer will create content using creative and proven pedagogical practices.
- Articulate and define standards for curriculum quality
- Mentor fellow curriculum developers on content creation practices
- Innovate new curriculum media and create prototypes
- Identify LMS needs for curriculum delivery and articulate to engineering team
- Group curriculum assets for learning objectives into cohesive lessons
- Compare student performance with objectives to design a curriculum improvement plan
- Stay on top of industry adoption of technologies and best practices
- Identify obsolescence in existing curricula, design a strategy to update
- Create fair and effective assessments and measurements of student progress
- Analyze student feedback and bug reports to identify trends
- Train instructional team on new content
- Observe agile processes with team
- Prioritize and address curriculum backlog tasks
- Review content created by fellow curriculum developers
- Create attractive and informative diagrams using professional tools
- Record, edit, and publish video lectures efficiently
Experience & Qualifications
- Experience mentoring junior team members
- Demonstrable expertise explaining creating training materials for sophisticated technical topics in multiple media including assessments, articles, videos, etc.
- Comfort and confidence recording video lectures and coding demonstrations.
- Collaborate with a remote team.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication.
- Experience editing video.
- Take responsibility for student success:. Everyone works together to enable student success.
- Follow the numbers. Decisions should be backed by data.
- Embrace a growth mindset. View challenges and failures as opportunities to improve.
- Start with why. See the big picture and question the status quo. If there’s a better way of doing things we should investigate it.
- Create an inclusive environment. We work together to promote empathy and respect amongst all students and staff.
- Build with urgency. Build like careers depend on it.
- Competitive salary
- Flexible paid time off
- Employer-sponsored health insurance plans with 100% support for premiums
- Great location with easy access to transportation options
- Generous paid family leave program
- The opportunity to work with driven and talented colleagues committed to lifelong learning
App Academy is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. We believe strongly that technology companies benefit from diversity and encourage applicants from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!