SENIOR COUNSEL, TECHNOLOGY OUTSOURCING
Teaneck, New Jersey, United States
Job ID: 00028430111
Cognizant is seeking an in-house attorney to join its Legal Department as Senior Counsel for one of our verticals. You will negotiate global outsourcing deals and handle day-to-day legal queries relating to our client engagements. He or she will have experience drafting and negotiating complex technology transaction agreements. General technology, intellectual property, and privacy expertise is a plus. Solid, effective negotiation and relationship management skills are critical in this position. The person in this role will need to have excellent communication and organizational skills to develop positive relationships with internal and external clients.
This role will preferably sit in Teaneck, NJ; Dallas, TX; Denver, CO; or Salt Lake City, UT; or Hartford, CT; but we will also consider a remote work scenario.
Specific Job Responsibilities
Working with the other members of the Cognizant Legal Department, this attorney is responsible for the following:
- Reviewing, drafting, and negotiating outsourcing agreements for IT, Infrastructure, Business Process Services, BPaaS, XaaS, and other similar or related agreements
- Reviewing, drafting, and negotiating subcontractor and vendor agreements and deal specific flow down terms
- Reviewing, drafting, and negotiating non-disclosure agreements
- Reviewing service offerings for legal compliance and creating contract terms for service offerings
- Assisting business teams with day-to-day legal matters, including contract interpretations and legal disputes
- Continuous work-flow process improvement, playbook and forms updating
- Identifying and vetting high risk matters with senior legal management
- Supervising junior attorneys in doing all of the above
- You will have a law degree from a top-tier law school, at least 8 years of professional experience and a minimum of 4 years of experience in negotiating services agreements. Experience negotiating complex outsourcing agreements and technology transactions agreements and experience in the insurance industry is a plus.
- A mix of top law firm experience and in-house experience preferred.
Other required traits:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including strong drafting and negotiation skills with attention to detail
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision, including ability to prioritize objectives and manage workload
- Good work ethic, sound judgment and a great teammate attitude
- Ability to constructively engage business teams and win confidence as a trusted advisor
- Comfort working in a global, multi-cultural environment.
Our strength is built on our ability to work together. Our diverse backgrounds offer different perspectives and new ways of thinking. It encourages lively discussions, inspires thought leadership, and helps us build better solutions for people. We want someone who thrives in this setting and is inspired to craft meaningful solutions through true collaboration.
If you’re comfortable with ambiguity, excited by change, and excel through autonomy, we’d love to hear from you.
Why choose cognizant
- It takes a lot to succeed in today’s fast-paced market, and Cognizant Technology Solutions has become a leader in the industry. We love big ideas and even bigger dreams. We stand out because we put human experiences at the core.
- We help clients engage customers by envisioning and building creative products and services. But we don’t stop there. We develop go-to-market strategies and invent entirely new business models, ensuring that every company we work with walks away with both inspiration and a plan.
- Everything we do at Cognizant we do with passion for our clients, our communities, and our organization. It’s the defining attribute that we look for in our people.
Employee Status: Full Time Employee
Shift: Day Job
Cognizant US Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran. If you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions in the US, please send an email with your request to CareersNA2@cognizant.com
Cognizant is one of the world’s leading professional services companies, transforming clients’ business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant, a member of the NASDAQ-100, is ranked 195 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us on Twitter: USJobsCognizant.
Cognizant is recognized as a Military Friendly Employer and is a coalition member of the Veteran Jobs Mission. Our Cognizant Veterans Network assists Veterans in building and growing a career at Cognizant that allows them to leverage the leadership, loyalty, integrity, and commitment to excellence instilled in them through participation in military service.