Senior Counsel, Corporate at LivePerson
Senior Counsel, Corporate, SEC, M&A
- Remote – United States
LivePerson is a transformational force in how brands and consumers communicate. With over 18,000 brands, including HSBC, Verizon, and Home Depot, we are on a mission to make life easier for people and brands everywhere through trusted Conversational AI. We believe in a future where conversations are the norm for getting your intentions fulfilled – whatever they are.
We are an innovative, intent-driven company that believes in building the future and we are looking for growth minded, unconventional thinkers, developers and builders to join the team.
You will thrive here if:
- You can operate in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- You nerd out about AI, how it can be applied, or how you can learn more about it (don’t worry we’ll help)
- You believe data-led decision making is the norm
- You see feedback or failure as motivation to learn and to grow
- You relate to our core principles and want to work with experts in their respective fields
In this role you will:
Partner with key stakeholders and others within the Legal Department in support of the Company’s SEC reporting and corporate governance matters, corporate financing, M&A and other strategic transactions, as well as have the opportunity to gain exposure to the company’s other business and technology transactions.
- Participate extensively in the preparation of SEC periodic and current filings;
- Effectively draft and provide support on strategic transactions and M&A, including leading due diligence and post-closing integration;
- Support corporate governance, compliance, and best practices;
- Provide guidance and assistance to internal departments on corporate legal matters, as applicable;
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and abilities:
- Deep knowledge of securities law for public companies. Familiarity with corporate governance best practices in public companies.
- Experience drafting and reviewing SEC periodic and current reports such as 10-K, 10-Q, Proxy and other filings;
- Skills relating to strategic transaction and M&A agreement drafting, due diligence, and post-acquisition integration activities;
- Ability to interpret and apply regulatory requirements, including SEC and other regulatory requirements applicable to publicly-traded companies, such as Sarbanes-Oxley Act, Dodd-Frank Act, Nasdaq listing standards, and Regulation FD;
- Ability to work within and leverage cross-functional teams and be persuasive up, down, and across the organization;
- Ability to work proactively, collaboratively, and persuasively with internal and external clients to solve problems while protecting company interests;
- Ability to analyze complex facts and legal concepts accurately and timely, and then develop appropriate recommendations within a business solution context;
- Proven track record of excellent judgment and problem-solving skills;
- Attention to detail and the ability to multitask and work under time pressure;
- Proven communication skills – written, oral, and presentation;
Your qualifications are:
- 10+ years of experience in a recognized law firm and/or in-house legal department of a publicly-traded, global organization.
- Demonstrated work experience in preparing and reviewing SEC filings.
- Ability to develop creative, business friendly solutions to solve challenging issues in strategic deals, and to develop credibility and confidence as a trusted advisor.
- Significant in-house experience working closely with business, product and sales teams to provide clear answers to complex issues, using plain English, easy-to-understand vernacular and visual aids (charts, graphs, infographics).
- Solid experience with technology and SaaS services.
- Strong negotiation skills and business acumen, and a passion for entrepreneurship and innovation.
- Ability to balance multiple tasks and priorities in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to work both in a team and independently.
- Admitted to practice in good standing with at least one U.S. state bar.
- J.D. from a national recognized law school with excellent academic credentials, top tier law firm experience a plus.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!