Senior Counsel at Cohere Health
- United States
Cohere Health is illuminating healthcare for patients, their doctors, and all those who are important in a patient’s healthcare experience, both in and out of the doctor’s office. Founded in August, 2019, we are obsessed with eliminating wasteful friction patients and doctors experience in areas that have nothing to do with health and treatment, particularly for diagnoses that require expensive procedures or medications. To that end, we build software that is expressly designed to ensure the appropriate plan of care is understood and expeditiously approved, so that patients and doctors can focus on health, rather than payment or administrative hassles.
Cohere is looking for an experienced attorney to develop and lead the Company’s legal strategy. Reporting to the VP of Finance, you will be a critical member of the team, charged with providing accurate and timely counsel to senior management on a variety of legal topics, including general corporate matters, commercial contracts, employment and litigation matters, leases and others.. The ideal candidate is a generalist with strong business acumen and the ability to translate complex legal principles into practical and effective business solutions.
What you will do:
- Oversee delivery of internal and external legal services to accomplish Company goals, strategies and priorities
- Manage outside law firms in areas of employment law, corporate law, intellectual property and healthcare law
- Specify internal governance policies and regularly monitor compliance
- Advise the CEO, Director of HR other executive team members and other members of the team on a variety of matters
- Research and evaluate different risk factors regarding business decisions and operations
- Apply effective risk management techniques and offer proactive advice on possible legal issues
- Communicate and negotiate with external parties (regulators, customers, external counsel, etc.)
- Draft and solidify agreements, contracts and other legal documents to ensure the Company’s full legal rights
- Keep a record of all legal documents and proceedings for the Company
- Maintain current knowledge of alternations in legislation
Your background & requirements:
- Juris Doctor degree from an accredited law school
- Admitted and active member of at least one state bar; ability to register as in-house counsel in Massachusetts and Florida
- Experience working in-house at technology companies, (ideally in early or growth state health technology)
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of corporate law and procedures
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity
- Flexible, able to recognize adapt the right amount of structure/process for the business as it grows/evolves
- Start-up ready mindset, able to exhibit comfort with ambiguity
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills
- Highly collaborative and extremely adept at partnering across a wide array of teams/personalities
- Self-start solution discovery (exhibits owner mentality)
We can’t wait to learn more about you and meet you at Cohere Health!
Equal Opportunity Statement
Cohere Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to fostering an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all. To us, it’s personal.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!