Senior Counsel at Health IQ
- Remote, United States
Health IQ is looking for a new Sr Counsel to join a rapidly growing environment. This position will report directly into our VP, Legal & Compliance.
What you will be doing:
- As Senior Counsel, you’ll focus primarily on three areas: employment counseling and litigation, commercial contracts, and privacy.
- You’ll work closely with the People Ops department on sensitive employment matters, pre-litigation, and litigation matters.
- You’ll draft, review, and negotiate complex transaction agreements, including vendor agreements, carrier agreements, business development agreements, and equity/debt financings.
- You’ll work closely with the IT/security team to help build our security and privacy program.
- You’ll advise key stakeholders of legal and business risks related to deals that you support.
- You’ll be the second lawyer at the company, with significant opportunities to expand the role and help build the legal team.
- This position reports to the VP, Legal & Compliance.
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ years of experience as a practicing attorney, with at least 3 years at a nationally recognized law firm.
- Experience in employment counseling and employment litigation. Experience in commercial contracts and/or privacy law is a plus.
- In-house experience a plus.
- You’re a licensed attorney in the state in which you reside.
- You’re highly organized and have the ability to work both independently and as a member of a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail, good business judgment and the ability to handle multiple projects at one time.
- Comfort with ambiguity with an ability to learn quickly and thrive in a complex, growth-oriented and dynamic environment
Join the Health Conscious Workplace of the Future
To make the world a healthier place, we started in our backyard. We created a health-conscious environment that allows each of our employees to reach their personal health goals. Below are a few of the employee-led programs that make working at Health IQ truly unique.
Nutritionally Supportive Environment
Anyone who has tried to stay healthy knows it’s hard to stick to your particular nutritional goals throughout the day with soda, chips, and sugary treats all around you. So we provide our employees with quality food and snack options, like a limitless supply of organic nuts, fruits, and veggies instead.
Optional Fitness Time
Instead of the usual ping pong table, we’ve dedicated space for our employees to enjoy yoga, spin bikes, exercise equipment, and other wellness activities. We believe a healthy body is at the core of a healthy mind, so whether it’s time for a walk, using the exercise equipment, or daily meditation, we make it easy.
Casual Office Attire
Ever dream of coming to work in your casual fitness attire? Well, that’s how we roll at Health IQ! Be comfortable and let your fitness fashion shine!
At the end of the day, we are a business-minded insurance company and we use analytics to measure our success and drive our business. Coming to work and working hard however is much more fun when you are surrounded by like-minded people who are motivated by the same personal goals as you. Our employees are making friends that will last a lifetime.
Motivate and Compete
Many of our employees are current or former athletes who are competitive and like to win. They motivate each other to do their personal best every day, and together we win as a team and as a company!
We pay 100% of our employees’ costs toward medical, dental and vision insurance.
Are You Ready to Join The Movement?
Health IQ is the internet’s fastest growing online Insurance Company in the US. In the last few years, we’ve gone from 0 to $24B in coverage, 0 to 230 employees, 0 to $139MM in venture capital raised. Why is our product selling so fast? We have a data advantage. Health IQ spent 6+ years gathering the science and the proprietary data from our popular Health IQ test (taken 10.2 million times) to convince insurance carriers to give lower rates on life insurance for vegans, marathoners, triathletes, well-controlled diabetics, yogis, Crossfitters, and more. These special rates are exclusive to us saving consumers thousands of dollars each and rewarding them for living a healthy lifestyle.
Hyper-growth means hyper opportunity for employees! While many companies hire managers externally or use a tenure system, we pride ourselves on our cultural value of meritocracy. This means that as we grow and new positions are created, we look to promote our top performers from within. Today over 80% of our managers are promoted from internal roles.
Health IQ believes that everyone can make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information. If you require an accommodation to complete the application or the interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!